Spotting scope even necessary with the Sig Sauer 20x42 Zulu6?

So I just bought a pair of 20 power Sig ZULU6 binos with the image stability feature and I have to say it is an absolute GAME CHANGER.

I've been hunting in a treestand my whole life and am just learning about backcountry hunting in Alaska (Just became a resident here). If anyone owns the Zulu6's I know you can attest to how great they are, but should I still keep looking to buy a spotting scope? I feel like it's just more extra stuff to carry

Unless you feel the need for a spotter with higher magnification, I wouldn't be too concerned with getting one.

Haven't used higher mag binos on a tripod since I started using Sig image stabilizing binos.

SOIHUNT

Lil-Rokslider
Have these binoculars they are great, (but) for long distance or judging I know I need a spotting scope. Arizona is a lot of open country every situation is different, for me spotting scopes are important.

Duh

WKR
What are you guys thinking is the max range you’d be comfortable judging or deciding you have a shooter buck or bull with these?

bpeay4

Lil-Rokslider
really depends on what you want to do. If your only wanting to decipher big and small then 20X binos should be fine. If you want to guestimate tine length at long distance then a high quality spotter might be necessary.

Reactions: Duh

Duh

WKR
really depends on what you want to do. If your only wanting to decipher big and small then 20X binos should be fine. If you want to guestimate tine length at long distance then a high quality spotter might be necessary.
Gotcha. I ditched the 85 mm spotter this year and was looking at going this route. I’ll probably just keep it in the pack and use the range finding binos as the main binos.

I just got back from a western KS hunt. I have the 16x42s and I didn’t touch my spotting scope. Just so quick to use and easy to locate game with the wider field of view, and even with the many acres of crop fields I never had something be too small for me to see necessary detail.