Spotters: One, Two, or ATX?

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
My concern is that almost everything I do here in the Midwest would be the latter. As in I’m not sitting and glassing, just throwing up a spotter in my truck window to get a better look. I don’t have a western hunt on the books this fall, but likely next fall. So I’m not sitting and glassing for periods of time yet. Would I be best served by a 554 first or jump straight into a full size?

I have not used an angled eyepiece yet. I’ve gathered that is the way to go for a full size spotter, but I’m concerned about use on a window mount?

Get the full sized spotter first, you’re gonna be disappointed with a 55 mm for your uses.

VEDO

FNG
It's tough. I just got my 774 a week ago been testing it a bit but on the fence about keeping it. Edge to edge is really good but thought it would be true "edge to edge" clarity. The color seems flat/dull, not much pop. Compared the kowa 774 to a friends STX65 and his swaro definitely had more color, depth, and cut through mirage a bit better which there is no shortage of even by 830-9 in the morning in Northern California. More than double the price what i paid for the kowa tho, but still at a 12mm disadvantage in objective size that swaro is impressive. Ill put a couple pictures down below from the magview & pixel 7 pro setup and you can probably guess which is which (swaro won, that's 700 yards away which you can actually read fairly clear) Need to do more low light testing for sure. Also compared the kowa to my meopta s2 82 and made me realize just how good that spotter is. Everyone's eyes are different but to me I was able to get a brighter, deeper, and crisper image everytime with the meopta. Also i like the smaller eye piece on the meopta, feels like you gotta float and search a bit more inside the eye piece of the kowa to really scan the whole field of view. Some probably like that better, just used to kinda keeping my eye more centered and moving the spotter to scan. Just one guys opinion/experience so far. More testing...

Attachments

• PXL_20230726_193423226.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230726_193423226.MP.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20230726_193540155.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230726_193540155.MP.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 18