spott hogg dial hard to turn cold

bignocks

FNG
I have a 3 pin spott hogg mover sight and I noticed while elk hunting when it was in the 20s i could barely get my dial to turn. It was extremly tough to rotate to a yardage. Im not sure if there is a grease bearing in there or what. Any solutions or other people notice something similiar. It only does it when its cold.
Thanks

There's a tension adjustment, I haven't ever noticed a difference with temperature tho.

Two bolts on the side hold a plate against the slide, that's where tension is set.

OP
B

bignocks

FNG
Ya it's a fast Eddie xl 3 pin slider. I shoot almost every day and pretty familiar with it other than in below freezing temps. It's was in the 20s in the morning and got up to 70s in the day. It seemed pretty obvious that it was a cold based issue. Even showed my buddy while hunting. Maybe I'll reach out to sport Hogg. Just thought maybe others have seen this. Thanks

give them a call. i had a black gold get basically stuck and just sent it in but never had issues with spot hogg

Marble

WKR
There's a tension adjustment, I haven't ever noticed a difference with temperature tho.

Two bolts on the side hold a plate against the slide, that's where tension is set.
This is the solution. There are a couple screws on the back of the elevation wheel, so if it's a right hand bow, they are on the left side/backside of the sight. You can loosen and tighten these screws. If there is a rattle/vibration in the sight, just a tiny bit of tightening will fix it usually. Too much will tighten the sight too much and make adjustments difficult.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

H80Hunter

WKR
One thing I've noticed is that screw is INCREDIBLY sensitive. Tightening it a tiny bit can make the sight way too easy or hard to turn. I'd loosen it like 1/16th of a turn and see what it's like then. MAYBE it's binding when it's cold because it's right on the edge and it moves a little when things cool down...?