Spine alignment

Gold54bs

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious if floating arrows is actually accurate for getting accurate readings of spine alignment for fletching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2muchhp

WKR
Ditto on the bare shaft. If your form is not correct it will show, get that right first.

Zac

WKR
I never had any luck floating or using a spine tester. I believe Gillingham is right on this issue. Only way to do it is fire them.

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
If you don't have access to a RAM tool, you can try the water method but honestly it is pretty hit or miss. I'd do like others have said, just nock tune each shaft before you fletch them and once you get a perfect hole in the paper, mark it there and fletch them all to that mark. Then you will have some of the best arrows you can make! I just did this method this morning AFTER I got my bow in tune. I had just installed some new strings and cables, and wanted to get them shot in so I thought I'd nock tune while I was at it. I started getting a slight tear after 75 shots or so, so I checked everything, added a few twists to correct, got back to bullet holes again. I nock tuned 22 shafts after that and will fletch them up tonight. Feels good to know your bow is in tune and in spec, and feels even better to have your arrows nock tuned. It tightened my groups up at long range 80+ yards quite a bit. Makes shooting at 20 yards amazing and you sure don't want to shoot at the same spot unless you want to destroy your arrows!