Speer grandslam opinions

stan5677

Well Known Rokslider
Looking for opinions on the 160gr grand slam and the 7saum. Don't have any experience reloading and looking for a bullet that is easy to work up a load for.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

OP
S

stan5677

Well Known Rokslider
Have a fair amount of luck 165 gr grand slams in 30-06. Loaded fairly easily, solid performance on elk & deer, just not a great BC for longer distance.
This will be 400 yards and in

OP
S

stan5677

Well Known Rokslider
Then they could suite you well if you are looking for a bonded bullet. They are definitely one of the most affordable options for a bonded bullet. For whatever reasons (I'd guess their lower BC) they just don't get the same love some other projectiles do.
Cost is a factor but not much i was also looking at 143 hammer hunters as well. Also how will the gs do at 7saum speeds and what kind of accuracy should i expect i am perfectly ok with minute of deer

Jim1187

Well Known Rokslider
Accuracy was OK, even if not spectacular but all I did was sit it on top of some imr 4831 at book col for my 7 rem mag.
1 smallish black bear and performance was pretty good but an 80 yard broadside shot with a heavier for caliber soft point leaving the muzzle at 2900fps on a 190lb animal wasn't overly challenging.