Spartan Precision Reviews

I’m wondering how you guys are liking your Spartan precision setups. I’m looking for real world hunting reviews. Thinking about going with a bipod and their davros gen 2 tripod head. I don’t have an arca mount, just the sling stud to attach to. How steady is the bipod and tripod head? I’ll be taking shots up to 600-700 yards.

Dennis

WKR
1683550843998.jpegI use their bipod with with two gunsmith mounts on my light weight rifles and older Davros heads on my hunting tripods. I like the system as it is light weight and quick to switch from binoculars to spotting scope to my rifle.

In hunting conditions I don't take shots in the 600-700 yard range, so I can't address that.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I don’t see the point of a bipod with the davros. Just get the gunsmith adapter and go to work.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I like the bipod, especially with a gunsmith adapter. While all my rifles have it, my primary hunting use had been ptarmigan out to 60 meters with a 22lr. It works well on a mountain side, but sometimes I would like more adjustability to get lower.

I was not impressed with the gen 1 Davros head. I have the Arca plate and just use my regular ball head.

Last edited:
No experience with the Davros head, but I do have long and short bipods from Spartan and adaptors on all of my rifles. Off the bench they are pretty awesome and the ability to take them off during movements is really handy. I’ve used them in a mix of alternate firing positions with no issues. So far I’ve only used them on my ARs and a Ruger American ranch rifle. Everything is in 556 so not much recoil to deal with.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you have any questions about the Spartan line feel free to give me a call anytime. We are Rob's largest retailer in the world, can answer any questions you have. I can say the new Davros Pro is a huge upgrade vs the Davros, it clamps down very tight and can hold a very heavy rifle. It also pans very smoothly.

Paul

Last edited: