Spartan Gunsmith adapter in Tikka T3x factory stock?

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone ever mounted a Spartan Gunsmith adapter in a T3x factory stock? Anyone mounted one where I've laid this penny, directly against the internal cross bracing in front of the recoil lug?

tikkat3xstockmod01.jpeg

Without going too deep, my goals are:

1. Experiment with tripods/bipods at the range and carry the same option for hunting
2. Avoid protrusions from the stock
3. Add new flush-mounted option for a rail at the forend
4. Avoid structurally weakening (much) a perfectly functional stock

To tinker, I ordered a Spartan Gunsmith adapter along with their Arca adapter post to provide alternatives for goal #2. No bipod, but I have an assortment of worthy tripods. I realize the Gunsmith adapter will sit proud of the stock, but hopefully it won't be enough to impart a new source of friction into the recoil impulse if I shoot off a bag or V.

(I also have a couple rails from Salmon River Solutions I haven't completed layouts for to help with goal #3. A McMaster-Carr order for parts to craft a new epoxy bedded screw flush mount in the stock instead of using the provided T-nuts so I can change my mind about a rail without having to pop the action out. If that works, I'll start a new DIY thread.)

What says the WKR brain trust?

if you're worried about strength, you can scuff up the interior of that area and fill it with epoxy/glass fiber and then drill into the stock