Spartan Davros Tripod Head Review and Discount!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know if there are any codes available for the titan shooting system? looking at picking it up with some universal rifle adapters and it’s looking like $700 w/o any discounts, which the one at top of this thread doesn’t work.

thanks everyone.

I haven't seen any recent sales but I'll let everyone know if I do.

Unoboats

WKR
So how do you take out the lateral play on the Davos mount when shooting. wat too much play

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
So how do you take out the lateral play on the Davos mount when shooting. wat too much play
It seems like there is some variability with the adapters. Some don't have much play, and some do. Remember, it's not going to function the same as a dedicated shooting tripod system. It's designed to give support for a variety of shooting positions while minimizing weight.

I guess it ultimately comes down to form and position for me. I am very accurate with the Spartan system in most scenarios.

Unoboats

WKR
I have used the Javelin bipod system for years and was hoping that the davros would save me some weight over my RRS Anvil 30 but it is no where near as stable as the Anvil sys, so the weight addition is warranted. The Davros for my application sitting is good to 200-300 yds on a 8" gong. but used the Triclaws for a few years at over 500 yds with success. Just wanted the play in the Davros to be less lateral movement. Thanks for the reply

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the Anvil 30 is arguably the best tripod head available anywhere for shooting. It is my top choice if I'm only shooting.

That style of head is also my least favorite to glass from. I choose a good pan head or fluid head if I'm only glassing.

For glassing and shooting, I choose a heavy-duty ball head, and for backcountry hunting, where weight is a concern, but I still want to glass and shoot, the Davros is an excellent choice.

Yeah, the Anvil 30 is arguably the best tripod head available anywhere for shooting. It is my top choice if I'm only shooting.

That style of head is also my least favorite to glass from. I choose a good pan head or fluid head if I'm only glassing.

For glassing and shooting, I choose a heavy-duty ball head, and for backcountry hunting, where weight is a concern, but I still want to glass and shoot, the Davros is an excellent choice.
I went ahead and ordered the ascend with the davros pro I’m hoping it’s going to give me the stability I need.