South Dakota FNG

North Dakota born and raised. Have lived and hunted in Montana, Minnesota, Arizona, and now South Dakota.

Past few years my focus has been on building preference points while I teach my son how to shoot and hunt.

He’s 13 and so far has a cow elk, doe pronghorn, and a whitetail buck under his belt. He will walk all day, freeze his butt off, wait for the perfect shot, and won’t complain no matter the circumstances. I couldn’t be more proud of him.

Anyway, I won’t be a daily poster, but I like the community here, so I’ll be around.

Attachments

• 3DB98FF5-FB54-4ECD-A1CA-E0093ABA7128.jpeg
    3DB98FF5-FB54-4ECD-A1CA-E0093ABA7128.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
OP
B
Welcome, sounds like the young man has a good start. Enjoying the weather?
Thank you! He sure has.

Less than desirable weather is part of the deal living in the Dakotas, but this winter has had a little extra kick to it. Been a tough one so far and it’s only just begun!

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Thank you! He sure has.

Less than desirable weather is part of the deal living in the Dakotas, but this winter has had a little extra kick to it. Been a tough one so far and it’s only just begun!
I know a guy who lives in Aberdeen SD. He told me the winds have been the worst part. I hate the wind.

OP
B
I know a guy who lives in Aberdeen SD. He told me the winds have been the worst part. I hate the wind.
Yeah, the wind is almost always a guarantee on the prairie.

Otherwise it snowed enough to block the roads across the entire state for a few days, 2 weeks ago. Then the extreme cold had them close the roads down again over Christmas.

Hoping to get out this weekend for some birds. We’ll see if the weather will allow it!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie