Son shot his first bear.

MHWASH

WKR
My 17 yo shot his first bear this weekend. This is his second year spring bear hunting in Idaho. H only had one weekend last year, but we didn't see a bear.
This year we decided to start a little early so we could hunt multiple chances. The first day we hunted a new spot. It looked really good, but we didn't see a bear, or anything for that matter. The next day we hunted an area were I've been successful in the past. We were not able to get where we wanted because of the snow. So we picked a random finger ridge and headed up. WE had only made it a few hundred yards when I saw a bear above us. We did not have enough time to get set up for a shot before the bear disappeared. We hiked in the direction we saw the bear go, when we found a good lookout, we decided to stay put for the rest of the day.

At 3:00 on the dot, we spotted the bear heading out of his timbered draw. We watched the bear for 15 minutes before the bear cleared the brush. My son made a great shot at 280 yards with a 7/08 and 150 ELDx @ 2750. The core and jacket separated, the jacket was found between the hide and the skin.

Attachments

• IMG_1604.jpg
    IMG_1604.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_1599.jpg
    IMG_1599.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_1598.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_1597.jpg
    IMG_1597.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 409

crgchck

Lil-Rokslider
CONGRATS, sure you’re proud!!My kids first of anything means more to me than any harvest I’ve ever made… I have (4) boys so it’s kinda tuff… but I was with my middle boy for his first buck, and my 2nd to oldest for his first turkey and bear…. Unfortunately I’ve not made it to any of my youngest boys firsts “little Fr does everything on his own” and my oldest boy doesn’t hunt..

Last edited: