Something strange with Sitka on eBay

Savagenut

WKR
See a few brand new sellers selling Sitka at pretty cheap prices. Is this a temu thing or what’s going on!

And more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwill28

Lil-Rokslider
It's probably legitimately Sitka, but the seller buys it from Sitka with stolen credit card info when someone orders from them from ebay and pockets the cash from eBay

Kinda weird seller has quite a few items listed for sale...they joined ebay like 6 months ago....but have only 1 feedback??
Heck one of the listings say 3 sold...but only one feedback.....Nah...its a NO GO for me.

Dazzler

WKR
This is standard for eBay. Cesspool for fraudsters. eBay facilitates it and adds an unnecessary layer of complication to hide behind.

I've bought sitka gear on ebay. And got what I paid for at a good discount. Ebay protects buyers way more than sellers. If you use PayPal you will always get your money back no matter what.

Dazzler

WKR
Ebay protects buyers way more than sellers. If you use PayPal you will always get your money back no matter what.

To a fault I would argue. As a seller you are at the mercy of eBay and dependent on the kindness of strangers.

grfox92

WKR
I walked by a thrift store the other day and their was a Kuiu hoody on the rack outside, I grabbed the tag and saw it was $30 and got excited, then I grabbed the hood to figure out what model it was and realized it was just some cheap synthetic crap with s rip off but almost identical Kuiu pattern.

I've seen them advertised on Temu as well.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

I took a shot figured I had ebay and PayPal protection. They shipped from the same location and had the same shipper as the mountain pants I bought direct from Sitka on the Black Friday deals so my guess is that they are drop shipping. I’ll follow up when they arrive.

42E05841-62FA-49E8-93C4-C0E6C3812068.jpeg88299987-38CE-4013-86B5-3910CF4E421E.jpeg

Last edited:
Does your experience point to the sellers being a legit drop shipper or a scam?
So far Ill go with legit, but Im guessing they are selling at below what Sitka normally allows distributors to sell for and wont have that account for long. Or maybe its employees buying/reselling with their dicsount. Ill update Tuesday after I open the package and hopefully its correct and not a $140 beanie :ROFLMAO:

Dazzler

WKR
So far Ill go with legit, but Im guessing they are selling at below what Sitka normally allows distributors to sell for and wont have that account for long. Or maybe its employees buying/reselling with their dicsount. Ill update Tuesday after I open the package and hopefully its correct and not a $140 beanie :ROFLMAO:

The discounts are higher than anything I’ve ever seen. That’s not factoring shipping, fees or taxes.

OP
S

Savagenut

WKR
What was the zip code it came from?

Dazzler

WKR
What was the zip code it came from?

I’ve had a similar dropship experience with Sitka before. Mine shipped out of Memphis TN direct from Sitka. When I initiated a return due to sizing, the return was some random person in SC. No seller response during the process.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I used to sell Sitka through a wholesale distributor about 8 years ago. The buyer buys in bulk usually stuff made for other countries that you cant get in USA or previous years models. Its Ligit Sitka just bought in pallets in bulk. Since they buy it this way they can sell it super cheap.