Some issues with Defiance Tenacity...

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Defiance Tenacity in January of this year, when I finally accumulated all of the parts for my build I completed the project. The scope was the last piece and when I mounted the Leupold 5HD I discovered that the bolt would not cycle, the handle hit the scope. I contacted Defiance and the said my bolt was "old stock" and that they have changed the design and I was to send it back for modification. I took the entire rifle apart and sent the bolt and receiver back to Defiance where they built me a new bolt with a 10 degree handle and did it all under warranty, took about 5 weeks. Fast forward, I bought another Tenacity in August, their improved design and the bolt doesn't even come close to clearing in Talley high rings. Even with the highs, the scope is still higher above the barrel than I prefer. My initial contact with Defiance had gotten me nowhere, they are blaming the scope for being too large and new design. The Leupold 5HD line has been our for years so I'm not sure they can blame Leupold. They said I should just use the pic rail but I really don't want the scope that high.

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
A swept teardrop bolt handle is quite a bit smaller in diameter.

I have had the same issue, I quit using the Tenacity in favor of the Anti. But going forward I will be using Pierce or Terminus. I have a Pierce titanium inbound, we'll see. I have never handled a Terminus.

OP
GAHunterJim

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
Darryle, good to see you here, thanks for the recommendation to Rokslide! I have the handle you sent me, just waiting on the rest of the build. 257Bob from the Campfire.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
Defiance should have no issues returning that action and refunding you if you don't like it.