Solvents for cleaning

This is the time of the year that I go through all of my guns for cleaning and maintenance - even if I haven't shot them. Typically I use Hoppes and a brass brush but when my zeros start to drift I suspect a copper buildup in the barrel. What I have done is go to a copper solvent, apply it three times, let it sit for an hour then go over it a number of times with a brush, then alternate wet and dry patches until the dry ones come out clean.

I'm not a prolific shooter like many of you and I don't shoot copper. I have just found that over time the standard bullets can leave enough residue to affect accuracy.

I've never read anything on this and I am sure there is some kind of procedure that is accepted. I would appreciate some input on what is recommended or what you have had success with.

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
I used to use the BG-12 copper cleaner which worked great and doesn't have any ammonia in it. Then I learned about wipe out and never looked back. I don't get too crazy because I think you can do more harm than good sometimes. I don't understand what you meant by using a copper solvent but don't shoot any copper bullets? Do you only shoot lead bullets? I do shoot quite a few lead bullets in my revolvers but not rifle other than 22s and one 45 colt carbine.

OP
P
There is lead, cup and core and solid copper. I have found a minor amout of copper in the barrels with cup and core over time. I shoot hornady interlocks hence periodically I make a special effort to make sure the barrel is clean. I shoot 225 gr jacketed bullets in my 45 long colt but I don't get too excited over that.

What damage should I be looking for or be cautious about?

SDHNTR

WKR
Boretech Eliminator. Removes it all. Best I’ve used and I think I’ve tried em all. Barrel safe too, non ammonia based.