So, I did a thing...

Was in my local Cabelas a couple of weeks ago as they were having a sale on the pants that I like to use as work pants around camp. I swung into the Gun Library and saw that they had a SS Tikka T3X Lite chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor priced surprisingly well considering it was Cabelas.
Fast forward to last week and I happened to be in there picking up a knife to gift to my BIL for Christmas. I looked and that rifle was still on the rack. Today, I happened to be in the area and I said to myself that if it was still there, I would give it a once over (bolt and bore) and if it wasn't too bad, I would buy it (it really was priced well). Lo and behold, it was still there and it looked as if it hadn't been shot much at all, so I bought it.
With the veteran's discount and purchasing a soft case for it, I still spent $250 less than it would have cost me to buy it new.
This is my first Creedmoor. I have a Remage in .260 that I finished building at the beginning of the year, so I don't really need the Creedmoor.

It will probably go to my wife as she still gives me crap for turning her SS T3 Lite .243 into a 7-08AI a couple of years ago. Before I do that, I am going to chop the barrel to 20" and have it threaded. Most likely will find someone who will thread it 9/16-24 and then contour a 5/8-24 adapter onto it. If she decides it isn't for her, I will probably rebarrel it to .22 Creed, or get a long action bolt stop for it and turn it into a .338-06.

Now I just have to find some Sportsmatch rings and then play musical scopes with what I have here at the house.

Prices in the gun library seem all over, or they use to. I got some pretty good buys checking it online and having guns shipped. I guess they just put a markup over whatever they paid, and people sell guns cheap sometimes.

OP
H
If you don’t mind me asking what did you pay? I just picked up a used 6.5 stainless superlite for 650
It was marked at $599.99. I got it for $570 with the 5% veterans discount. $20 for the soft case and I was out the door for $620 with tax.

I will use that extra $$ to get it chopped and threaded.

OP
H
Prices in the gun library seem all over, or they use to. I got some pretty good buys checking it online and having guns shipped. I guess they just put a markup over whatever they paid, and people sell guns cheap sometimes.

Yeah, that has been my experience as well. I picked up a Savage 116 in 30-06 a couple of years ago for $399. I had to look twice when I saw the tag. I took it over to the gun counter feeling like I was stealing it. :)