So.....Anyone packing two Tripods?

Sled

WKR
I want to run my phone scope to record the shot. Will help at long distance to see the hit and also if for some reason I have a miss. It does seem like a dumb idea....two tripods. But not sure of another way to do it.

And I understand you shouldn't be shooting that far if you are going to miss but shit happens. Tell that to the guy who misses at 75 yards.

Why not have your hunting partner record for you?ffab65b422c0a33e48968d405ae5bce8.jpg

6.5Express

Lil-Rokslider
I pack two tripods because i set my kids rifle up to shoot off s tripod and i want to be able to set my spotter up to watch the animal. Eventually, my boys will pack at least one of them but for now, i am happy to and don't want them dealing with more things during the heat if the battle.

We use mules but often times tie up and day hunt all day out of backpacks.

DeBear

FNG
I run a tripod with the Koepfjager Reaper Grip for the rifle with their accessory attachment that I have my spotting scope on. It’s not lightest setup but I bet lighter than a second tripod

TheTone

WKR
I use a primos trigger stick tripod for bino’s, one of my trekking poles and for any shots where I can’t go prone, and I pack my slick 634 for my spotter, thought about installing an arca plate on the stock to use it the situation allowed
Have you shot off the 634? I’ve thought of adding a saddle to mine but have worried if it’s truly stout enough. Granted I wouldn’t be shooting long range with mine so probably don’t need maximum stability

Hnthrdr

WKR
Have you shot off the 634? I’ve thought of adding a saddle to mine but have worried if it’s truly stout enough. Granted I wouldn’t be shooting long range with mine so probably don’t need maximum stability
I have not, I have a little v shaped rest to screw on if I wanted to, but I haven’t tried it. I used to think it was dumb brining two, but on hunts where I’m glassing 90% of the time like late season elk or mule deer it is super nice to have bino and spotter ready to go. Plus last two deer I have shot were standing shots off the trigger sticks under 150 yards

OP
R

repins05

WKR
I have not, I have a little v shaped rest to screw on if I wanted to, but I haven’t tried it. I used to think it was dumb brining two, but on hunts where I’m glassing 90% of the time like late season elk or mule deer it is super nice to have bino and spotter ready to go. Plus last two deer I have shot were standing shots off the trigger sticks under 150 yards
The trigger stick is a great tool. I wish they would make a lighter more robust version. It looks like primos is trying to get into the tripod market.

Last edited:

slimC

FNG
Does weight matter when your taking 900 yd shots? Cant be that far from the truck.

OP
R

repins05

WKR
I run a tripod with the Koepfjager Reaper Grip for the rifle with their accessory attachment that I have my spotting scope on. It’s not lightest setup but I bet lighter than a second tripod
I looked up that grip. Is there an accessory attachment that goes on the grip or are you swapping heads.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Does weight matter when your taking 900 yd shots? Cant be that far from the truck.
Depends on where you are going, I’m a 500 and in guy but I pack 2-3 miles to a glassing knob on most days and can shoot as far as you like from there. I am definitely less conscious about weight when I’m not backpacking though. Day hunting from base camps is easy to justify brining a few extras