Sneaky scientists creating new trophy species!

You know dang well that this isn't for medical purposes. This is just another way to keep the points ponzi scheme afloat! Think of the potential quotas on antlered mice! I can already see swarovski getting behind the move as the "only" glass that can keep you legal on antlered mouse hunts.

But at least there will finally be an animal we don't have to debate if the 6.5 is enough gun for!

Happy Monday everyone.

WKR
I just looked up the actual photos of this (not the Photoshop) and there's no way I'm putting that hunt on my list.

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
The original research article in Science was investigating the regenerative nature of antler to understand organ regeneration and bone growth. The study uses nude mice (deficient immune system) and xenograph implants from a Sitka Blacktail deer. Small nodules formed under the skin of the mice within 45 days. These are not transgenic mice with antlers as was suggested in the photoshopped pic and article cited above. It is actually a very interesting article (Science, 23 Feb 2023) about antler growth and regeneration. Not crazy scientist making a transgenic mouse with antlers. Although, it would change my perspective on hunting mice in the back yard with an Daisy Red Ryder BB gun.

I had a mouse in my kitchen last night, but I think it was a doe because it didn’t have no horns. the wife wouldn’t let me shoot it. Probably a good thing since I don’t have a tag for it.