Snake boots for hiking/Shed Hunting/ Etc

rbljack

WKR
Anybody have a recommendation for snake boots for Shed hunting in spring? Areas of west texas and new mexico are the target zones for me, so I need to find an option. Lookin thru chaps and boots now....but not sure which direction to go. Lets hear your inputs. Ive gone years without them, but havent put the miles on in areas of Texas in the spring to shed hunt either. Hoping to do a bit more of it this year, and lets just say we have our share of rattlers!

*zap*

WKR
I think snake gaiters or chaps are a good way to go over boots. Chaps obviously go up the leg more. My gaiters cover the top of my foot also. Plenty of snakes here.

Last edited:

Bcleck90

WKR
I have a pair of Rocky ProLight snake boots that I've been happy with so far. They're comfortable out of the box and I believe the lightest option they make. We'll see how long they last, but for summer / early fall here in Alabama I like them.

I have a pair of Rocky ProLight snake boots that I've been happy with so far. They're comfortable out of the box and I believe the lightest option they make. We'll see how long they last, but for summer / early fall here in Alabama I like them.
After trying many these Rockies worked the best for me over 25 years. I have owned about four or five pair. I hunt in Florida and Alabama if that makes any difference. They have went thru some changes from the first pair but all of them served my purposes well. Like any boot what is comfortable for one wearer might suck for another. I have not needed a new pair in five years so I got no idea what is newly available.
They are light and not too hot to wear down this way.