Smokeless powder?

Sea37

FNG
Does anyone know where to pick up some h4350? Should I just get on a waiting list?

sab

Lil-Rokslider
I've been looking for it for six months, but only locally. Shipping powder is only cost effective in large quantities, and I only need a pound.

OP
S

Sea37

FNG
Yeah, there is a twenty dollar hazmat fee so I usually stock up. Right now I am out and with new Ca. laws about to go in I really need to replenish fast.

gelton

WKR
I have to admit that I have searched near and far for 4350 and haven't been able to locate it anywhere. I have used midway and powder valley but they have nothing in stock. I have searched for basically ANY powder for 180 grain 30.06 load and the only thing I was able to find was from brunos shooting supply. Vihtavuori N160. Never even really heard of this stuff & definitely dont have a load for it but was able to gather enough information for a good starting load. They use it alot for Lapua loads. I ordered 5 days ago and they slammed my card today.

I wouldn't recommend ordering anything that isn't in stock from anyone at the moment. In this "crazy" environment customer relations get tense when people are literrally waiting months for orders. Another powder that is used for the .06 is Alliant RL 17 and Gamaliel Shooting Supply sent me an update today that it is in stock. Truth be told I would rather use it than the N160 just because there is more load data for it but I had already purchased the other. The VV is made in Finland I think.

Also - This is my first time doing business with Brunos and I have never done business with Gamaliel so please dont take this as an endorsement for either company. Further, verify all load and powder data before taking advice on any forum.

OP
S

Sea37

FNG
Thanks guys. I have been looking here and there and thought I was just missing when it was in stock but sounds more like it's just not available.

Shrek

WKR
The last h4350 I have seen was in January. It was an 8lb jug and they wanted $320 for it. I hope some starts to hit the shelves soon . I have about 1500 grains left before I'm out.

trk3263

WKR
Yea I got it in a work "junk" email and for some reason I read the email and sure glad I did. It updates a all the time and seems to work great they have added several options like magazines and reloading stuff since it started as just an ammo resource.

Glad it helps!

For what it's worth, I don't think Powder Valley will accept any orders for any product not currently in stock.
I placed an order for primers and powder on Jan 7 and still have not heard about my shipping date. We had a fairly large order for a few guys totally about 25,000 primers and the limit on powder that could be shipped in one shipment.