SME SPOTTING SCOPE CAMERA REVIEW

Mojave

WKR
I saw this advertised a couple of years ago, and thought it was kind of a stupid thing that probably wouldn't work.

So then I happened to catch a couple of youtube videos on it, and I thought well maybe that would work.

I have two spotting scopes. A Swarovski STS with both eye pieces and a 2000's era Brunton Eterna 85. Both of these have really fussy eye pieces and are not worth owning. Digiscoping with my Canon SLR and a T-Mount the Brunton is fantastic. No one makes a t-mount to attache a Canon SLR to a Swarovski STS that I am aware of. So I bought a couple of different plastic solutions that all kind of are ok, but not fantastic. One is phone scope, and the other is green and black giant cochroach looking thing I bought from China. The phone scope works better, but they aren't as precise as a T-mount.

Back to the SME Camera.

Fitment:
So I charged it with the included charging cable and hit the on button and it came on. It has a ratcheted fixture inside the camera that adjust to fit a variety of rear lens sizes. It worked very well on the Swarovski for fit. The old Brunton Eterna wasn't so perfect. But the Brunton has the old flip down eye cup, and I think it got in the way.

Blue Tooth:
I couldn't get the Camera to connect to my IPhone 13's bluetooth. Wouldn't work, downloaded the application from the Apple App store. No love.

Image Quality: It is a very low quality version of 1080. If you are thinking you can use this to help with spotting through a fussy eye piece I don't know that this is worth it. You are going to be very dissapointed.

Final thoughts:
I wouldn't buy this again.