SmallRig lightweight video head w/ ball leveler

I have two of these now and for the money they are very good. Arca-swiss compatible. The handle extends and retracts easily. The tilt has a "return to level" feature that is pretty nice. Head has a ball leveler on the base so your pans are level with the horizon. Control knobs are too small to ever use with gloves on, but the whole thing is very light. Would make a great option for a backcountry spotter IMO.

The first one I bought had a tiny bit of "chalky" movement in the pan. I mentioned that in my Amazon review and the company contacted me and explained they had a run with that issue. They sent me another one no questions asked. So I now have two. Can't complain about that CS.

Weighs 11 oz. on my fishing scale.

Last edited:
Seems like a good option for glassing and shooting off of in a pinch.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

rcook10

WKR
can that leveling base be removed?
I have used the CH10 version (without the leveler) for two years. weighs 7 ozs and once they break in they are really great for the money. I bought another on ebay for 35$ shipped last month for my new slik 632 for a bomber ultralight back country set up. Handles my 18x binos, kowa 774 with no problems.

sr80

WKR
I have used the CH10 version (without the leveler) for two years. weighs 7 ozs and once they break in they are really great for the money. I bought another on ebay for 35$ shipped last month for my new slik 632 for a bomber ultralight back country set up. Handles my 18x binos, kowa 774 with no problems.
These are what i plan to use too. How do you like the 632? I have one ordered but haven’t picked it up yet.

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Great add. I need the leveler for video work that I do, but for just glassing it's not necessary. So I'll look for that CH10 to add to my kit. Thanks!

rcook10

WKR
These are what i plan to use too. How do you like the 632? I have one ordered but haven’t picked it up yet.
Its pretty sweet for what it is! Very stiff for how small it is and pairs perfectly with my ch10. Perfect height for sitting on the ground or a low camp chair. Only have a few days in the field with it but its a sweetheart for sure.