Small Rig fluid head mod

sr80

WKR
I know there are a couple reports of these heads freezing up or being too stiff, but i must of got two good ones. But i really like the small rig fluid head for glassing with binos and using my 65 ats. I just didnt like the wannabe arca adapter on the top. I did loose a pair of binos off the top last august because I was using a regular acra adapter plate and not the one that came with the head, which turns out is slightly different. So I decided to change that and install actual arca plate adapters. They are approximately 9oz.

Maybe i should smack a different stick on the head and call it my own and charge $250 like a lot of these other new companies seem to be doing with this tripod head. At least mine looks different than the ones you see on amazon. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1646.jpeg
    IMG_1646.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 66

nobody

WKR
Didn’t realize the plates were different, mine seems to lock up tight on my other arca plates. But I have noticed I have to be choosy on what other plates I do use. I figured it was just tolerances from plate to plate and not the head!

Care to post up a link to the arca adapter you installed on the heads?

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
Didn’t realize the plates were different, mine seems to lock up tight on my other arca plates. But I have noticed I have to be choosy on what other plates I do use. I figured it was just tolerances from plate to plate and not the head!

Care to post up a link to the arca adapter you installed on the heads?
i just robbed then off some old ball heads i had in my cabinet