Sleeping Bag & Pad

Lexus423

FNG
Need a recommendation for a sleeping bag and a sleeping pad. I am 6'1" and 265 lbs. Looking to use both for September archery in Colorado. Would prefer to stay under $150 for each. Thanks!

kodiakfly

WKR
Sounds like we're about the same size. I'm 6'/250. I like Wiggy's bags because 1) synthetic fill and 2) they're big. I fit in all of mine with comfortable room to spare. It's a bit more weight, but laying in a 2 lb bag that doesn't fit you and compresses fill is worthless. Even a lot of the "large" or "wide" bags aren't comfortable for me. I have a 50" chest, shoulders, big legs and a gut (not saying you have a gut, but you're a big guy like me)...it takes a lot of fabric to properly drape over me.

Pad, I use a ThermaRest Xtherm. It's like 2.5" or 2.75" inches and I don't bottom out on it. It hold me up off the ground, is light and warm as hell. A bit out of your price range, but you can find them on sale or used for $150.

ssliger

WKR
The big agnes park series is made for big guys. I have the Hog Park. Only problem is they are heavy. I know use a quilt. If you are interested, I am willing to let my BA go.

G

geriggs

I have the 30 deg park series in down by BA. I also use a BA Qcore 25x77. Fits in the bag. Great setup. Used it mid October in colorado and was warm. I am 6'1" 280. I was 300 at the time. Temps got down in teens and 20s. I am a warm sleeper and had some merino on