Sleep pad inside of thermal bag liner.

Has anyone put their sleeping pad inside a thermal bag liner to enhance the R value and give it a little more comfort and protection? I currently use a zpacks down bag/quilt and also use a thermal bag liner to keep bag clean but really feel constricted stuffed inside the liner. Thought about stuffing pad inside liner and picking up twin down throw for added warmth or upgrading my quilt. Thoughts?

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
Thats an interesting concept. Its probably a similar effect to shoving your pad inside a bivy

Jimss

WKR
Are you truck camping or backpacking? If backpacking I'm always looking for things/wt to take out of my pack rather than haul. I generally just wear more layers to bed if cold. I generally don't backpack hunt in blizzard type conditions so really don't see a need for a liner. Even if I did I would likely just add layers to bed. In extreme cold while truck camping I'll toss a 2nd sleeping bag over/under me.

OP
T
Im packing in and use the neo air thermarest pad with a foam zpad under it. Pad is crinkly and thought the liner would add a little warmth as well as noise reduction. Im at less than 50# on a 5day pack in weight so the xtra 1# seemed reasonable.

I would give it a try and see if it makes any difference. Only you can decide if you are comfortable with the extra weight, you are the one carrying it. I am curious if that will help quiet that pad though.