SLC Area Hotels/Restaurants

BigDog00

WKR
Wife and I are picking up a new car in Logan, UT and looking for a good place to stay in and around SLC for the night. I looked at Park City, but its a bit spendy. Looking to stay fairly close to I80 as we will be heading east to get back home. Don't really want to stay downtown. What are some suggestions for a good hotel (around $200) and some really good restaurants (i.e. good steak/seafood, italian, etc)? I've been looking at Logan, Ogden, SLC, and Park City. I even thought about driving up to Bear Lake and trying to find a place to stay up there but doesn't seem to be much to choose from.

I'm out of the loop on newer restaurants downtown, but Ruth's Diner up emigration canyon is fantastic. They're mostly known for breakfast.

Bear Lake area should have many places to stay listed on Airbnb.

CorbLand

WKR
If you stay in Logan, pretty much any of the decent hotels are the same. Not really one that is much better than the other. Nothing special as far as restaurants go either. Elements is good, I have heard good things about Le Nonnes but haven't eaten there. My favorite is Beehive pub and grill. Its nothing fancy but you get good food at a fair price. Herms for breakfast is always a good choice but can be a longer wait time. Not a ton to do for "night life" around Logan. Lots of outdoorsy stuff, so if you stay around here, let me know and I can point you to some of those.

Bear Lake, look at AirBNB. It is probably going to be packed with everyone trying to get last minute vacations in before school starts.

There is Maddox restaurant in Brigham City. Its a classic for the area.

I lived their for several years going to school and then the worked in Northern Utah as a financial advisor for a while. All my extended family and my wife’s family still live there. Flemmings and Ruth’s Chris are good spots for steak. The Roof restaurant is pretty good. I heard it might be temporarily closed, not sure about that. Rodizio Grill was also a popular spot to take clients before Jazz games. My wife and kids love Rodizio as well. I am not a seafood fan, but Market Street Grill was the place to go with clients who wanted sea food. The only place I really ever ate in Logan was the old A&W that had the Big Blue special. That closed down a few years ago, was super bummed out. The A&W up the road in Smithfield still serves the Big Blue, but it isn’t the same.

I’ll second Maddox. My parents would take that stuff with a needle. Their rolls and honey butter are to die for. I am pretty sure they are known for their chicken fried steak, but they have all sorts of stuff on the menu.

CorbLand

WKR
I lived their for several years going to school and then the worked in Northern Utah as a financial advisor for a while. All my extended family and my wife’s family still live there. Flemmings and Ruth’s Chris are good spots for steak. The Roof restaurant is pretty good. I heard it might be temporarily closed, not sure about that. Rodizio Grill was also a popular spot to take clients before Jazz games. My wife and kids love Rodizio as well. I am not a seafood fan, but Market Street Grill was the place to go with clients who wanted sea food. The only place I really ever ate in Logan was the old A&W that had the Big Blue special. That closed down a few years ago, was super bummed out. The A&W up the road in Smithfield still serves the Big Blue, but it isn’t the same.

I’ll second Maddox. My parents would take that stuff with a needle. Their rolls and honey butter are to die for. I am pretty sure they are known for their chicken fried steak, but they have all sorts of stuff on the menu.
Their rolls are the bomb.

I like their Tbone steak but that's mostly cause its massive and I get like three meals out of it.

Callaways in Smithfield is pretty good too.

Not sure about hotels since I live in SLC but for food, Ruth’s has amazing breakfast, Stanza is great, Timbermine Stealhouse in Ogden, Red Iguana, Pretty Bird or Blaze of Thunder if you like a good chickens sandwich.

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
River Horse on Main in Park City, not sure how tough it is to get reservations this time of year

Wapiti1

WKR
Wimpy and Fritz in Ogden. They have a smoked carnitas taco that is outstanding.

Current Fish and Oyster in SLC.

Copper Onion in SLC.

Jeremy

Depending on where you ended up 8 settlers distillery has surprisingly good food, new American style. Also Slackwater in Sandy, Ogden, and downtown has good pizza and a huge selection of beers.

+1 for pretty bird too

OP
B

BigDog00

WKR
Thanks for all the recommendations. We are kind of just going with the flow and we'll see where we land.

There are ton of good places to eat from Logan all the way down to Spanish Fork. I definitely miss the Big Blue special at A & W in Logan! Lol the only thing it needed was some NM green chile on it