Slam Completed

saiz11

FNG
Monday I killed a free range Sonora Desert Bighorn sheep that completed my Grand Slam of North

American Wild Sheep.

I killed my Dall ram in the Yukon Territory in 1984.

I solo scouted for 24 days and hunted two days for my Bighorn ram in Idaho's desolate Owyhee River

in 2014.

I backpacked August 2023 in the Cassiar Mountains of northern British Columbia for my Stone ram.

It's always been more of a dream than a goal for me. I've been a western mountain hunter since I

was 18 years old.

I guided and outfitted in Wyoming for 27 years.

It took 40 years since I pulled the trigger on my first ram. This was also the 86th sheep hunt that I have

either guided or personally hunted.

Being now 67, I hope to have some more seasons left before I can't any longer lace up my boots.

IMG-4145.jpg

P8310274.jpg

IMG-1905.jpg

IMG-4449.jpg
Absolutely amazing accomplishment. Congratulations, I harvest my first fall ram in Alaska last year. Hope to make it number two this year.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Pretty inspirational to be hammering away at sheep at 67! Good for you! What is the most important piece of gear or biggest piece of advice you could give to a novice sheep hunter?

Reactions: CHL
Crazy that 30 years passed between ram #1 and ram #2 and then knocked out the last 3 in less than 10 years.

MattB

WKR
Congratulations, that is quite an accomplishment. Not too many guys kill a slam by drawing public tags for the bighorns.