SKRE Nebo Raingear review, By Jim Carr

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
With the seasons winding down it's a great time to assess your clothing system for next year. To help with that, @Jim Carr has been using the SKRE Nebo Raingear and Hardscrabble Gaiters in North Idaho. Check out his review to see if they should be added to your clothing system.

SKRE Nebo Raingear Review

chindits

WKR
Well, I am on my second jacket and original pants. I was hoping my second jacket would have a couple design changes but the same problems are there. Even with these problems I always have my rain gear in the mountains and sage country.
1. The zipper wind flap is too flexible and gets stuck in the zipper. I’ve covered that wind flap with duct tape just to prevent that frustration.
2. The Velcro on the sleeve closures have no holding power. They might work a season but by your second year they hardly adhere.
3. The main hand pockets on the jacket are right at pack hip belt level making them pretty useless if you always hunt with a pack.

The pants are pretty good but that hook closure at the top needs to change. It’s a PITA especially if you’re using your rain gear as a hard shell over your down layers at a sub zero glassing spot just before sunrise. Hard to hook that loop with frozen hands and so much puff you can’t see your waist line. Plenty of better designs out there but change is hard.