Size of dt1 and dt 2

Does anyone know the cubic inch of the main pocket of the two packs. I ordered a dt2 and I am thinking about changing it to a dt1. Thanks

OP
akcharlie4
Are they the same, with the snow collar being the only difference?

cmeier117

WKR
It would be hard to tell with a picture, I have both at my house so I can stuff them full of blankets and post something tonight or tomorrow. If you take out the snow collar, the only real big difference to me is the sleeping bag area down at the bottom is noticeably bigger to me. Besides that nothing, but that snow collar is ridiculously tall!!! Honestly if I could change that feature on both these packs I would add about 6 inches to the dt2 bag and I think that would be a perfect height.

cmeier117

WKR
This is a pic Aron took on his FB page (sorry Aron didn't mean to steal it ;)). I think these are the standard Timberline packs, but this gives you an idea.

Attachments

• dt1vs dt2.jpg
    dt1vs dt2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 171
I had a chance to swing by the factory the other day and talked for awhile with Kevin, he showed me the DT1 and the bikini frame. That bag is HUGE!!!

OP
akcharlie4
Thanks for the pic cmeier117. Would the 1 and the 2 be the same height w/o the snow collar?

cmeier117

WKR
Don't get too wrapped up around the snow collar and the DT1 being really tall. They both compress down to a nice day size pack. The DT 1 if I remember correctly has 2 draw strings and if you were to cut the "snow collar" off above the first I think the DT 1 is still a little taller than the T2 but don't quote me on that. What type of hunting are you planning on doing? IMHO I have used both and although the DT 1 is more than I need, it is nice to have that much pack for little weight penalty. I would change your order to the DT 1 bag. Unless you are just doing 3-4 night trips or something and not planning on hauling out 150 lbs of elk in one trip.

littlebuf

Banned
I'm putting together a post with pics about using the T1 for a day pack with pics.I've ad several people ak me about tis via pm in the pat so I'm going to sow ow I do it.maybe have it up tonigt

CaseyU

WKR
Don't get too wrapped up around the snow collar and the DT1 being really tall. They both compress down to a nice day size pack. The DT 1 if I remember correctly has 2 draw strings and if you were to cut the "snow collar" off above the first I think the DT 1 is still a little taller than the T2 but don't quote me on that. What type of hunting are you planning on doing? IMHO I have used both and although the DT 1 is more than I need, it is nice to have that much pack for little weight penalty. I would change your order to the DT 1 bag. Unless you are just doing 3-4 night trips or something and not planning on hauling out 150 lbs of elk in one trip.

Yes sir correct. If you cut the snow collar off it still has another draw string for the top. Dt1 for sure

Nordic

FNG
@cmeier117
It would be really nice if you could measure the height from the top of the sleepingbag devider when closed to the top of the bag on the inside of DT2.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
For me the DT1 is just to big. The DT2 falls within that sweet spot. DT1 is alot of Pack. If you want to keep your loads manageable then stay with the DT2. It forces you to buy lighter less bulky gear to put in it. I have everything I need for 10 days in a DT2. If i need to add a few thing I put on some Long Pockets and a back pocket. And I have the Grabit for my bow. I have the DT2 with standard lid and I have a large pod to mount up top and it holds a lot of stuff. Really easy for the weight to get away from you if you have a larger Pack. Keep it manageable and you think about every single thing you put in your backpack.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

cmeier117

WKR
@cmeier117
It would be really nice if you could measure the height from the top of the sleepingbag devider when closed to the top of the bag on the inside of DT2.

Let me see what I can do. Just yesterday I loaned it to my father inlaw to try out, luckily he lives up the road from me.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
The "big bag" is the old legacy LH Rendezvous bag... I'd like to see one of those on a Bikini frame.... If I remember right this is Luke's preferred pack bag, or at least it used to be. ?? : )

OP
akcharlie4
Looks like I am sticking with the dt2. Kifaru says if I switch ill have to start my order over. Thanks for all the input guys!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
The "big bag" is the old legacy LH Rendezvous bag... I'd like to see one of those on a Bikini frame.... If I remember right this is Luke's preferred pack bag, or at least it used to be. ?? : )

I may be doing just that this summer for the extra 1500 cu in of space for a 100+ mile backpacking packrafting trip Becca and I have planned in the AK range this June.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I may be doing just that this summer for the extra 1500 cu in of space for a 100+ mile backpacking packrafting trip Becca and I have planned in the AK range this June.
Any idea what that pack set up would weigh? Pack bag + Bikini frame.... ??

luke moffat

Super Moderator
My rondy bag weighs in at 37 oz plus 3 oz for top lid would make it 40 oz...bikini frame is what 37 oz? so come in at 77 oz all up or 4 pounds 13 oz?