Sitka Layering Help Needed

Crazy Coot

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been converting all my whitetail gear over to Sitka and I want to make sure I have enough to get me through the coldest part of winter. I hunt in TN from a stand. I realize that it doesn’t get nearly as cold as the winters that a lot of you face but I get cold very easily. The coldest it ever gets here is around 20 in the mornings with some stout winds from time to time.

Here are the items that I have. Just focusing on tops for now.
Merino Heavyweight Base
Fanatic Hoody
Stratus Vest
Equinox Hoody (Jacket)
Celsius Midi
Stratus Jacket

Should I add the Fanatic Jacket or Vest to this? Also, are there any items that I probably won’t get that much use out of? Any input would be much appreciated!

dtrkyman

WKR
Just make sure you can layer them, sitka layers all seem to have collars or 1/4 zip. I have a pencil neck and they would still choke me out!

They lack a heavy crew neck that I believe they need!

def90

WKR
Sitting in one place in a stand is when you get cold.. you can walk all day in a foot of snow in Colorado wearing a light jacket or pullover because you are moving. I would wear a lighter layer while walking in, light enough that you don't break a sweat, then once in the stand put on some puffy pants, a puffy jacket and most imprtantly a warm beanie and some mittens, if the pufcy jacket has a hood pull that up as well. Usually if you can keep your head and hands warm the rest of your body can take a bit more of a chill.

Luked

WKR
I use the Sitka gear also and am from MO so our winters aren't much different than yours
I use the Lightweight base top early in the year the colder it gets the more I layer up.
For me if i keep my core warm and my feet I'm good. So in the coldest part i use the lightweight base layers, then the heavyweight over those. Then The Mountain pant, Fanatic hoody then the puffy and I have always seemed to be fine.

I'm in Indiana and use the Fanatic Jacket and Fanatic Vest, of course at different times. I think the Fanatic Vest added to your list would top it off nicely. Huge fan of it. Probably don't need the Fanatic Jacket down there.