sitka Hudson bibs question

bigv

Lil-Rokslider
Debating on getting a pair. Maybe I can find lightly used somewhere as I'm tight when it comes to spending $600 on bibs. Thinking I need a xl tall? Anyway...what is the weight of these? Are they cold, medium, or warmer weather? Can you layer under? Looking for a bib in the mid weight range where I can where on own early then layer later season. Thanks

KurtR

WKR
Debating on getting a pair. Maybe I can find lightly used somewhere as I'm tight when it comes to spending $600 on bibs. Thinking I need a xl tall? Anyway...what is the weight of these? Are they cold, medium, or warmer weather? Can you layer under? Looking for a bib in the mid weight range where I can where on own early then layer later season. Thanks
I can wear them with the dakota pants till the end of the year. Early on if you went with a really light layer or even shorts you might get away with it but they are pretty warm for me. My dakota pants are my favorite by a wide margin if its not wet out i wear them with some long johns till it gets dang cold. I though i seen camo fire have them every now and then. If its wet and windy the hudson are a go to.

summs

Lil-Rokslider
If you want gear that works that's not $600, don't buy sitka. If you care about things like matching camo, buy sitka.

While sitka is great, it's not special, they didn't invent any new fabric, or use some rare material. It's polyester, wool, goretex, cotton... with good stitching and quality control. Look on REI's site for gore tex bibs. Outdoor research $300, mountain hard ware $250, hell even Arc'teryx are $400.

bozeman

WKR
Sitka is solid and the Hudson line is fantastic. As stated above, Simms and Arc'teryx offer some good options as well if you want a solid.......all of my Sitka gear has been used for years and is still in great shape, so for me, the $$ investment has been a good one.

KurtR

WKR
If you want gear that works that's not $600, don't buy sitka. If you care about things like matching camo, buy sitka.

While sitka is great, it's not special, they didn't invent any new fabric, or use some rare material. It's polyester, wool, goretex, cotton... with good stitching and quality control. Look on REI's site for gore tex bibs. Outdoor research $300, mountain hard ware $250, hell even Arc'teryx are $400.
The layout of the bibs for a waterfowl hunter is what is better than the others. also there is never a reason to pay retail its on sale some where all the time. I grew up wearing shitty walls coveralls and lining my boots with bread sacks freezing my ass off shooting geese so even at retail its worth it to me.

OP
B

bigv

Lil-Rokslider

Ill check those out. Thanks. Would really like something with the knee pads.

Wheels

WKR
The leg zippers suck on them, and Sitka will not warranty their zippers when they quit working. Just an FYI.

Big Ern

WKR
For waterfowl, the Hudson bibs are hard to beat. Well thought out; versatile as you can layer; and tough. And, comfortable.

I have never regretted having them on a hunt. Like others have said, if you can find them on sale, then well worth the price.