Sitka Grinder Pant Fit vs FL Corrugate Guide

Hey All,

Looking for some help to pick a Sitka Grinder Pant Size. I love my FL corrugate guides and wear a size Large. Plenty of room for a baselayer or two but they are still form fitting and not baggy. FL puts the Large at a 36-38in waist

Any experience on how the fit of the Grinder Pant compares? I typically wear a 36 in all my pants, but I carry some extra weight in my mid section and thighs so want to make sure to leave room to layer.

Thanks!

2muchhp

WKR
With the exception of the inseam my grinders are the same size as my jeans. If I wanted to layer much I would need to size up. This holds true with all my Sitka pants.

I wear a 30” waist in my jeans (5.11), a 30” in my duty pants (5.11 stryke), and 30” in my dress/casual pants (lululemon ABC pants). I find that my Sitka Grinder in 30R fit true, but have no ‘forgiveness’ like my 5.11 jeans and pants. The waist is soft in the Sitka, but not flexible. The legs (quads specific) have plenty of flex. A 31” waist in my Sitka grinder pants would be awesome. If I were to buy again, I would still stick with the 30R. Keeps me honest in the gym and on foot too.

Sitka pants have been a go to for me. I have run kryptek, FL, Kuiu, Sitka and Sitka by far fits the best through the thighs. I am 6' 230 and have tree trunks for thighs. The Sitka pants have all been comfortable through the legs and have all withstood seasons of abuse.

OP
roberteifert12
Sitka pants have been a go to for me. I have run kryptek, FL, Kuiu, Sitka and Sitka by far fits the best through the thighs. I am 6' 230 and have tree trunks for thighs. The Sitka pants have all been comfortable through the legs and have all withstood seasons of abuse.
What size do you go with in sitka?

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
I have 3 pairs of grinder pants. By far my favorite sitka piece. I'm a 36 waist in jeans and I have no problem wearing midweight or heavyweight base layers under the 2 pairs of 36T grinders I have. The other pair is 37T so I just have to cinch the belt a little more. Also, they are less of an athletic cut compared to my mountain pants, and have the same amount of stretch, if thigh room is a concern.