Sitka Fanatic Bibs / Jacket sizing for short kings

tjtoste

FNG
Hello!

I'm pretty set on buying Sitka Fanatic bibs and jacket but I'm not close to any store that has them in stock to try out. It looks like a lot of people are saying the bibs are true to fit but for the jacket, sizing one up is better to account for layering. I tried to search for an existing thread with my height and weight dimensions but there's not a lot of results (apparently everyone is 6ft). Anyways, my height is 5'6" and weight is 170lbs. I'm built like a powerlifter so my lower body is stacked and I have broad shoulders which makes sizing hell for me.

Appreciate the help!

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I'm the exact same size, 5'6" and 170, and in the gym most everyday. I went with a medium in the bibs and large in the jacket. There is still room to layer underneath. I will wear the Equinox Midi pants underneath when its really cold and the bibs still fit fine. A bit tight in the thighs but that's it. As far as layering under the jacket I'll wear a Fanatic hoodie and if need be a ambient jacket then the Fanatic jacket and I'm more than comfortable in temps to Zero. Fit is fine and I don't feel like the Michelin man.

OP
T

tjtoste

FNG
I'm the exact same size, 5'6" and 170, and in the gym most everyday. I went with a medium in the bibs and large in the jacket. There is still room to layer underneath. I will wear the Equinox Midi pants underneath when it’s really cold and the bibs still fit fine. A bit tight in the thighs but that's it. As far as layering under the jacket I'll wear a Fanatic hoodie and if need be an ambient jacket then the Fanatic jacket and I'm more than comfortable in temps to Zero. Fit is fine and I don't feel like the Michelin man.
Exactly the info I was looking for. Order has been submitted :). Appreciate it!

SloppyJ

WKR
I body build and wear the same size bottoms and tops as normal. XL top and L bottom. I'm 6'2" 225 though. The thing on the fanatic set is that you're not going to wear much under it. That's really why I like it. You shouldn't have to size up IMO.

The sizing is pretty normal but a bit more athletic. If I had one gripe about anything sitka, the hand, forearm, and wrist openings are a bit small. The arms are normally long but I have short arms so that might just be me.

Good luck.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
Sure thing. You definitely won't want to walk in wearing them. You will sweat out quickly. I roll them up and lash them to the outside of my day pack. They take up a bunch of room though. Other than that they are very quiet and warm. I wish the jacket had a hood though.

Wannabebowhuntr

Lil-Rokslider
I body build and wear the same size bottoms and tops as normal. XL top and L bottom. I'm 6'2" 225 though. The thing on the fanatic set is that you're not going to wear much under it. That's really why I like it. You shouldn't have to size up IMO.

The sizing is pretty normal but a bit more athletic. If I had one gripe about anything sitka, the hand, forearm, and wrist openings are a bit small. The arms are normally long but I have short arms so that might just be me.

Good luck.
I’ve found the same in most hunting clothing, they neck the sleeves down tight from the elbow down so people don’t complain about their bow string hitting it I think. It makes layering a nightmare, I have big fore arms for my scrawny size haha