Single Shot Rifles

I'm waiting on a slim profile 16.5" .223 barrel to be made for my contender. That makes for a sub 4.5lb rifle with the loopy 2.5x ultralight scope & talley 1 piece mount. I trimmed the stock about 1 inch including the thinnest microcell pad. Add 8ounces for the tbac suppressor.
Really handy to carry (have a 30-30 barrel also), and really hard to shoot offhand! .223 gets my vote.

I’d love to see pictures when it’s done, who’s making your barrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trackselk

WKR
I’d love to see pictures when it’s done, who’s making your barrel?

I'll definitely be posting up a pic of the complete rifle on the scale when I get it. The gun is not even noticable slung over my back with the 30-30 barrel. The .223 will be a bit heavier, but I might be able to solve that with fluting.
Anyhow, it's a Bullberry, as they're the only ones I could find that would make me one with a thin profile (down to .56 muzzle). Hopefully have it in 2 or 3 months😑

CCH

WKR
My youngest son started with a CVA Scout in .243. The trigger was amazing, and it could shoot. I think they are a bargain for what they bring to the table. Wish they made a .308 Compact.

How’s the recoil on the 45-70 I know they’re light guns (5.8-6#) total
I have that one (CVA scout in 45-70). It’s got a brake and isn’t bad. I haven’t shot any factory loads yet but can’t imagine they’re any hotter than my handloads.

OP
Long Cut

Long Cut

WKR
Managed to find a new in box SWFA 3-9 here for MSRP.

Weight is more than I wanted at 7lb 10oz. That’s with a DNZ base & rings, plus SWFA scope..

The rest of the gun is stock, for now. After breaking in the barrel I’ll send off to chop down to 16.25” and thread

Attachments

• 3B81F87B-E3A9-43B1-9E66-CBE4E30F9916.jpeg
    3B81F87B-E3A9-43B1-9E66-CBE4E30F9916.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 41
OP
Long Cut

Long Cut

WKR
What chambering did you get?

Ended up going 6.5 CM

I was torn between the 6.5 & .300 BlackOut. The main deciding factor was supplies on hand as I already reload for .223/6.5 so the Powder/Primers (SRP), Brass & bullets were already covered.

Bluefish

WKR
Sub 300 yards, capable of taking anything in North America, 35 Whelen. Available in a Cva scout for around $400.

OP
Long Cut

Long Cut

WKR
View attachment 516016
I'm with you Macro, these rifles are beautiful and highly accurate. I am a huge fan, but I hope none of them are a candidate for the OPs plan to cut down the barrel to add a suppressor.
Beautiful rifle youve got there.

My plan is to buy a Ruger 1 sometime later in my life.

As for now, the CVA Scout will fit the bill. I don’t want to own a “pretty” gun just yet. I’m too hard on my gear lol

EdP

WKR
Thanks Longcut. That's a pic of one for sale on GunBroker that I copied, not one of mine. I do own several in the octagon barrel configuration as shown though. I love how narrow they are at the balance point. Much easier to carry in the field than a bolt action. For the same length rifle you get a couple of inches more barrel too.

OP
Long Cut

Long Cut

WKR
Wife's got one of the cva hunter models in 243 it's a nice rifle.

I was on the fence initially but when I learned that CVA were made by Bergera, in Bergera’s factory in Spain it became a no brainer.

A ~$320 “Bergera” single shot is a bargain in my opinion. Not bad on weight either, mine was 6.3# bare

Maverick1

WKR
"Truck gun" ---> :rolleyes:

PIC_-_Libya_techs_2.jpg

Stickmark

FNG
Henry rifle single shot, with the iron sights, looked appealing to my minimalist nature. The reports of the trigger partially deterred me.