Silencers?

Hawker

Lil-Rokslider
What are you guys using for silencers? I started out with the good old beaver balls. Then I ran into rain and freezing temps and wound up with ice cubes. So I switched to various rubber ones and settled with cat whiskers. They seem to work great and last forever. The downside is I think they rob to much energy cause they are so heavy. Now I'm thinking about going back to the beaver balls with a silicone water repellent of some sort. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Em I over thinking ?

tater

WKR
Find some good quality 100% knitting wool. The lanolin should still be intact, and they will shed water well.
Push comes to shove spray some outdoor use ScotchGuard on them.

I agree on the knitting wool. I use them solely up here in Washington State and I haven't had any issues. Besides, it comes in bulk and I only have to get it from my wife's craft room.

bowinhand

WKR
[video=youtube;sQZnigZpHW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZnigZpHW4[/video]

I like yarn silencers. Instead of tying them on I found that small 4" zip ties works better.

okie jim

FNG
You can cut some rubber stars out of a old innertube and insert between the strands of the string. There is a thread on stickbow I believe on this.

wvtradbow

FNG
Yarn balls here too,very easy to make an install..I just wrap some yarn around a playing card,slide it between the string, cut to shape ,shoot a few times to get it frazzled reshape if needed..