Silencerco scythe cb brake

Has anyone swapped out to a cb brake on the scythe?
Buddy has one as do I. I still have the anchor brake but he swapped out to a flat end cap, and the srs cb brake. curious how much if any more recoil is reduced with a cb brake added to it? And how the sound decibels changed

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’d argue a bit more recoil reduction and a bit more noise.

I’m running it flat cap for hunting but will throw the brake or the large omega brake for range time.

OP
F
With just the end cap how much quieter is yours? Mine on a 6.5 prc doesn't bother me with the anchor brake

Tahoe1305

WKR
I don’t think you’d notice how much quieter unless you recorded it or metered. That much quieter.

Axlrod

WKR
I have the Bravo anchor brake. It is noticeably louder than the stock break. It was loud enough that I put ear pro in. With the stock brak I don't need ear pro. It does seem to cut recoil a bit, but I shot them on seperate days. I am planning to do a side by side.

I doubt a CB would help with recoil. Seems like just a cost/weight adder to me if you had to buy the hub CB adapter as well. Only reason I could see it being justified is if you've got CB muzzle devices on a handful of other rifles already. My other 2 cans are set up with CB and there is still no way id want to put a CB adapter over the DT in my scythe.

OP
F
I doubt a CB would help with recoil. Seems like just a cost/weight adder to me if you had to buy the hub CB adapter as well. Only reason I could see it being justified is if you've got CB muzzle devices on a handful of other rifles already. My other 2 cans are set up with CB and there is still no way id want to put a CB adapter over the DT in my scythe.
Good to know... I do have a dominus but it's going on another rifle. I was only going to mess with my scythe if it made sense. Doesn't seem like it will unless I had multiple rifles and set them all up with cb brakes/adapters