Sight tips for more elevation ?

Prestjd

FNG
My wife is shooting 42#, 26" draw with a 359 grain arrow. I'm going to try some 85 grain field tips to shave off 15 grains today.

Her single pin site is about to be at max on the roller at just past 50 yards.
I'm open for ideas. We are trying to get her out to 75 yards for TAC.

The sight is mounted as close to the riser as possible and the gang adjustment is all the way down I believe.
It's a cbe tactic tactic hybrid single pin.

Would a more quality sight gain her enough elevation? Spott hogg, uv3, hha?

Mostly she's just wanting to shoot TAC and 3d.

Last edited:

nphunter

WKR
Using a multi pin slider would help, my son shoots a 3 pin and he’s shooting a 40lb lbs and a 420gr arrow and can shoot out to 80. He’s shouting a 28” draw though. By adding pins below the single pin you’re gaining whatever distance those pins are apart. With a 3 pin you should easily be able to add 20 yards vs the single pin with the same amount of movement. 30 with a 4 pin and 40 with a 5 pin. Not sure if she would have the room in the housing with a 5 pin. Also moving the housing closer to the riser helps gain more room. That’s why kids bows have large short sights.

nphunter

WKR
When she is slid all the way down measure between the sight and arrow and see how much clearance you have. You might make fletching contact with a sight with more throw. My old CBE Tek Hybrid has a ton of throw, more than my new trek pro. I could shoot 130 yards at 278fps with it. There’s was one in the classifieds a couple days ago for like $85, there great sights, I shot a 5 pin one for the last 8 years and my wife and kids all have 3 pin sliders. My son use to use a HHA single pin but the single pin just didn’t give us the range we were after, the CBE with 3 pins was a much better option.

OP
Prestjd

Prestjd

FNG
I'd like to move the peep if I can, I have plenty of clearance so far before making contact just ran out of dial. I might throw my 3 pin slider fast Eddie on their and see how much we gain.

MattB

WKR
When her sight is adjusted all the way down, how much clearance does she have between the bottom of the housing and the arrow (incl. fletching)? Could be that a different sight with more adjustment may solve the problem or at least help quite a bit.

At her speed gap shooting probably isn't a reasonable alternative, but something to at least consider to make up some yardage if a new sight can get her close to 75 yards.

Moving the peep will work, but at some point you may be solving for the wrong things and risk taking two steps back to take a step forward. When you start messing with anchor point and facial references you can lose accuracy and give up some of the benefit of prior practice/good habits.

The sad reality is that, for some things in life, you can't have it all. Good luck!

nphunter

WKR
I would not personally move her peep. She should be able to draw to anchor with her eyes closed, open her eyes and be looking through the peep. I agree with Matt about taking two steps back.

Marble

WKR
The peep can move a little bit, and it won't make a diffwith her anchor. People usually just angle the head slightly.

Make sure the sight is moved as close to the riser as you can. Sometimes giving just a few turns on the limbs will also make a huge difference.

If you want a lighter arrow, Victory 3DHV is what i used for my wife, Black Eagle X-impact is my preferred arrow for what your doing, probably 500 spine with an 80 grain tip, will put her around 280 with appropriate 3d type vanes.

With all these things implemented, you should easily get to 100+ yards.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
Prestjd

Prestjd

FNG
Thanks everyone for ideas. We fletched a couple different vanes to try out, upgraded her sight to a cbe trek pro 3 pin.

I tried to talk her Into my 3 pin spott hogg and buy myself a triple stack but no luck. She liked the cbe better.

Her string has stretched considerably and caused her peep and anchor point to move. After correcting that we installed a new peep and nose button. We haven't got sighted in Past 30 yet but she already is happier with the new sight.

After TAC I may have her talked into trying out a new Matthew's Image and putting that Bear legit back in thr shop until our son gets bigger.

All the time at thr bow shop and I'm about to pull a the trigger on a new phase 4 or vx3, my prime nexus 2 won't stay in tune. I'm done fighting duel cams

sneaky

"DADDY"
Thanks everyone for ideas. We fletched a couple different vanes to try out, upgraded her sight to a cbe trek pro 3 pin.

I tried to talk her Into my 3 pin spott hogg and buy myself a triple stack but no luck. She liked the cbe better.

Her string has stretched considerably and caused her peep and anchor point to move. After correcting that we installed a new peep and nose button. We haven't got sighted in Past 30 yet but she already is happier with the new sight.

After TAC I may have her talked into trying out a new Matthew's Image and putting that Bear legit back in thr shop until our son gets bigger.

All the time at thr bow shop and I'm about to pull a the trigger on a new phase 4 or vx3, my prime nexus 2 won't stay in tune. I'm done fighting duel cams
What's coming out of tune on the Nexus? The Phase 4 and VX3 aren't solo cams, so you're still going to be dealing with making sure your cams are in sync. If the cams are not staying in sync that points to a string/cable issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Prestjd

Prestjd

FNG
What's coming out of tune on the Nexus? The Phase 4 and VX3 aren't solo cams, so you're still going to be dealing with making sure your cams are in sync. If the cams are not staying in sync that points to a string/cable issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm not sure what is causing it, but my local shop has worked in it 4 times and I'm tired of paying them. That's why I just drove an hour and bought a new v3x. If you're in the market for a prime nexus 2 with hamskea hunter rest I'll make you a deal

sndmn11

WKR
We fletched a couple different vanes to try out, upgraded her sight to a cbe trek pro 3 pin.

We just had two of these sights show up at the house to go on Elite Omnias/Era for two review on here. I'll be interested to hear her thoughts on the sight. My wife, @KickinNDishin, had her Omnia delivered Friday ahead of mine so my experience amounts to bolting on the bracket and handing her the instructions.

OP
Prestjd

Prestjd

FNG
So far she's impressed. The 3 pin adjustment is amazing, gathers light great, and the sight tape is metal. It's also much lighter than the spot hogg fast eddie