Sight tape help?

Jason277

WKR
Hello all, I have a question about my sight tape setup. I have a Black Gold Ascent Verdict 3 pin. I'm using my last pin as a slider. My arrows are pretty heavy at 560 and my bow is 68 lbs. I have Chrono around 240 fps which I don't totally trust. I have heard people say to shoot between 20 - 60 and match the tape up but since I'm shooting 40 and out with the bottom pin my 20, and 30 are fixed. Should I just try between 40 - 80 to get a better idea to match up the tape that fits best? I have all the sight tapes from BG. I hope this makes some kinda sense. Thank you in advance Jason .

Wapiti1

WKR
Here is how I do it. I sight in for 20-30-40. Put a blank tape on my slider, and move to 50 and farther, adjust the slider and mark the tape as I go. Then match it up to the pre-marked tape. Or just use the one I marked up.

Jeremy

Hoh Down

FNG
Here is how I do it. I sight in for 20-30-40. Put a blank tape on my slider, and move to 50 and farther, adjust the slider and mark the tape as I go. Then match it up to the pre-marked tape. Or just use the one I marked up.

Jeremy
This is how I do it as well.

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider

Jeremy
Did the same but I haven’t even swapped out to a pre-marked tape just left the tape I marked on. Have it set to 100 yards. If I change arrows or anything then I can just redo it.

Can you not raise the housing and sight your bottom pin in @ 20.

I generally just always marked my own tape, but if you have room on the slide there's no reason it wouldn't work unless you are floating your anchor around 50-60.

Marble

WKR
After I choose a sight tape I go out to 100+ and drop bombs. If I'm on at 60 (5 pin slider) and 100 then I'm good.

If the 100 is off I'll mark it, pull the tape and lay it next to my other tapes to see which one matches up.

With the spot hogg I will do 20 and 60 and pick the number. Then as always I shoot it in.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

406unltd

WKR
The last few years I have just started with a blank tape and shot in my yardages, marking them as I go. That’s the tape that stays on the weapon.

I do it a bit of an odd way I believe. I shoot 5 pin sliders, bottom pin the mover. I get all my pins set up from 20-60 and I hold the sight tape behind the sight housing and match the one up with the pins I have dialed in. I put my sight tapes from 60-as far as I can reach out, verify at 75 and 100 and cover the sight tape with packaging tape. Ive been doing it this way to pick sight tapes for probably 10 years and its been dead on every time. Isnt the way youd be taught to do it, but it has worked every time for me. Just a different way to try it if all else fails.

Attachments

• B3641A10-03F6-4024-BB36-9E0FB0B5A5D7.jpeg
    B3641A10-03F6-4024-BB36-9E0FB0B5A5D7.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 34
  • BFD2645F-A59B-47B7-827B-B09CC4837790.jpeg
    BFD2645F-A59B-47B7-827B-B09CC4837790.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
I do it a bit of an odd way I believe. I shoot 5 pin sliders, bottom pin the mover. I get all my pins set up from 20-60 and I hold the sight tape behind the sight housing and match the one up with the pins I have dialed in. I put my sight tapes from 60-as far as I can reach out, verify at 75 and 100 and cover the sight tape with packaging tape. Ive been doing it this way to pick sight tapes for probably 10 years and its been dead on every time. Isnt the way youd be taught to do it, but it has worked every time for me. Just a different way to try it if all else fails.
I saw that Black gold had a video of doing the way you find your tape!

I saw that Black gold had a video of doing the way you find your tape!

Guess it isn’t that odd then. I haven’t seen it done that way before, but there you go. With a 3 pin I’d probably do it the other way of marking a blank tape and try to at least get your 60 really dialed in.