Sig Zulu5

Just ordered a pair of these in 12x42 to supplement my Leupold Bx-2 Tiogas in 8x42 for western hunting. I don't have a spotting scope, so my ideal purpose for them is putting them on a tripod and getting a bit closer view of longer range, open mountain areas and maybe picking up something I might otherwise miss with my Tiogas. I know I won't be judging any trophies from hundreds of yards, but that's not what I expect of them anyway. Originally I was wanting something in x50 or higher for the superior light gathering, but when I saw these were about 50% off from the roughly $500 new I usually see them going for I felt compelled to jump on them. Now I'm curious how they stack up quality-wise and if I got a good deal on some decent quality $500 binoculars, or if what I got is worth what I paid. I’ve seen folks on various forums having picked them up in similar deals, without ever talking much more on them. Anyone know how they compare quality wise (glass, view, build, durability, customer service) to any of the more ubiquitous lines (Leupold, Vortex)? Did I get Vipers for Diamondback price? Pro Guides at Alpine cost? For my purposes and what I paid for them I'm sure they'll work just fine. Just looking to get a bit more of an idea on others' experiences with them, and maybe create more searchable opinions for folks researching this line in the future. Any feedback or opinions on them is welcome. Thanks!

OP
M
Quick add-on: I have seen and am appreciative of Robby Denning's article, post, and video regarding the Zulu5 binocular. Just itching for more while waiting on shipping!