Sig Sauer Zulu5 10x42 vs. Zulu7 10x42

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
I currently own the Zulu5's. I like them alot, but was wondering if there is a big difference between the two.

Is it worth it to upgrade?

Ive had the 7s, very good glass. There was a guy selling a pair either here or AT for 350ish in the last few weeks. Worth that all day. Id say they might have SLIGHTLY better edge to edge clarity and resolution over the BX-4. The only complaint I had with them is that the armor was kind of tacky and didnt slide in and out of a harness freely. But you have the zulu5s with the same armor, and if its not a problem with them, it wont be with the 7s.

I believe the 5s are made in China and the 7s are made it japan, so youd expect the build quality and glass to be better on the 7s........but that couldve been changed at this point. Its been a few years since I check where each was made, they mightve moved the 5 production somewhere else.

OP
cvanman

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
Ive had the 7s, very good glass. There was a guy selling a pair either here or AT for 350ish in the last few weeks. Worth that all day. Id say they might have SLIGHTLY better edge to edge clarity and resolution over the BX-4. The only complaint I had with them is that the armor was kind of tacky and didnt slide in and out of a harness freely. But you have the zulu5s with the same armor, and if its not a problem with them, it wont be with the 7s.

I believe the 5s are made in China and the 7s are made it japan, so youd expect the build quality and glass to be better on the 7s........but that couldve been changed at this point. Its been a few years since I check where each was made, they mightve moved the 5 production somewhere else.
I appreciate the insight. Thanks!

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
I've never tried any Sig binoculars, but have read numerous reviews. It would seem the 7's compare well to binoculars in the 1K class and the 9's are close to alpha grade.