Sig Sauer "Service Plan". Is it worth it?

All- I have 80's model P220 that was manufactured in W Germany. I sent a note to Sig about whether I could get the short reset trigger for this vintage. They said they could do just the trigger for $99 plus $55 s/h. However, he also suggested, due to the gun's age, that they perform a "Sig Service Plan" on it. Apparently this is a detailed cleaning and spring/sight change out. This service is 149.95 plus shipping, but would share labor with the Short Reset Trigger, cutting the cost for that to $50. Total for service and new trigger plus s/h would be $250. They would install the Xray3 day/night sights as part of the service.

My late brother left me this gun and it has a ton of sentimental value. However, I know he would want me to shoot it and keep it running good.

Has anybody had this service performed on their Sig, and if so, do you think its worth it? The reviews on the Xray3 I've seen are pretty hit or miss. Please advise...

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
I'll throw this out there given its high sentimental value.

Ship it so every person who touches it has to sign for it and ask Sig if they can do the same. That's your best chance to ensure (since insure means nothing to you) it is sent and received and not "lost".

Good luck,

Eddie

P.S. I do think the SP is a good idea and money well spent.