Sig Sauer Kilo 6k HD 10x42 thoughts?

RSC12

FNG
Hey people,

I'm looking into purchasing the new full sized 10x42 sig sauer kilo6k HD. I can't seem to find a lot of real world reviews online yet. More on the compact and the new 10k. Just wondering if anyone here has some first hand experience with them.

As a note I absolutely realize these won't compare with Alpha glass but those are definitely out of my reach. I'm hoping these would be a great middle ground as far as optical quality and a great rangefinder. I live in BC so everything from long distance grass land to deep dark timber is all in the cards.

Thanks 👍

Carl Ross

Lil-Rokslider
I recently received a set I haven't fully wrung out. I will say they have my favorite glass compared with the 3k's or 10k's, no significant tint and pleasantly surprised at the view.

The laser isn't weak.

Don't want to weigh in on too much else till I have a lot more time with them.

OP
R

RSC12

FNG
M
I recently received a set I haven't fully wrung out. I will say they have my favorite glass compared with the 3k's or 10k's, no significant tint and pleasantly surprised at the view.

The laser isn't weak.

Don't want to weigh in on too much else till I have a lot more time with them.
Thanks for that. I really appreciate any feedback on them. This would be my first pair of rangefinding binos and is already above my price range so am wanting to make sure that it's money well spent.

Carl Ross

Lil-Rokslider
I totally get it, as I couldn't find much myself a few weeks ago. Have thought about doing a proper review once I have enough time with them, for everyone in similar shoes. My use case may be different than yours. My primary binos are 12x Meoptas (by way of Cabelas) and I have a Maven RF and think highly of both. I got the Sigs specifically for NRL Hunter comps, but hoped they'd be good enough to want to take on some of my hunts, so far it's looking like that's the case.

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
I would buy the Walmart special before buying another Sig product. If you do buy, pray you never have an issue with it, they will tell you to pound sand if you do.

I would buy the Walmart special before buying another Sig product. If you do buy, pray you never have an issue with it, they will tell you to pound sand if you do.
I had excellent response from Sig when I had an issue.
Sorry yours didn't go so well.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not sure how the 2 compare but I really like the vortex fury 5000. Having a lifetime warranty on the electronics of a $1200 optic is comforting

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
I had a pair and was very disappointed in the quality of the glass, the range finding capabilities was awesome. Side by side with my wife’s Vortex Diamondbacks was no comparison which is crazy considering the cost. I sold them and went back to carrying a rangefinder. Maybe I got a bad set?

ID_Matt

WKR
I have had the 6K's for a few weeks now and used in competition. My other pair of binos are swarovski EL's so take this with a grain of salt. Glass is fair for target shooting, but I don't know that I would love them for long glassing sessions in a hunting environment. Again, that is comparing to swarovski. As for the rangefinder, they are great. Range super fast and spit out data quick. They connect to my kestrel or phone easily as well.

I think for a middle priced rangefinding optic, they are awesome. Jumping up to the 10K gives you the higher level of applied ballistics, and maybe a faster processor? I didn't need the wind gadget, and for long shots over 800 yards I use my kestrel so the 6K's just made sense for me.

OP
R

RSC12

FNG
So I went ahead and purchased a set and was actually very pleased to start. The glass was an upgrade compared to my current set of vortex diamondbacks and the rangefinder was super impressive. The day I got them it was snowing quite heavily and I was still able to range houses at 2524yrds away while my little handheld couldn't range anything.

Unfortunately later that day the rangefinder literally stopped working. I have no idea what happened. One minute it worked and the next minute all I'd get was dashes across the display. I could still fully scroll through the menu and change settings but could not figure out a way to get a reading again (yes I changed the battery).

I called Sig and they were quick to apologize and walk me through the warranty process. I'm sending them off on my next day off and will update with what they say happened. Definitely makes me a little uneasy about the electronics component in a expensive pair of binos. Here's hoping it wad just a "bad luck" case and things are good from here on. I was definitely very excited for first impressions. I'll update with results if ppl care.

grizz19

Lil-Rokslider
I have to say my buddy had the same experience as this with one of their range finders. He ordered a rangefinder through sig that had issues and couldn’t hardly get in contact with customer service or get a response back. Bought another through GOHUNT which had the same issues. GOHUNT was awesome with customer service but their sig rep would not back the product. Basically said kick rocks. My buddy returned both and got a Leica that he’s super happy with. I’ll never buy another sig based on his experience.

So I went ahead and purchased a set and was actually very pleased to start. The glass was an upgrade compared to my current set of vortex diamondbacks and the rangefinder was super impressive. The day I got them it was snowing quite heavily and I was still able to range houses at 2524yrds away while my little handheld couldn't range anything.

Unfortunately later that day the rangefinder literally stopped working. I have no idea what happened. One minute it worked and the next minute all I'd get was dashes across the display. I could still fully scroll through the menu and change settings but could not figure out a way to get a reading again (yes I changed the battery).

I called Sig and they were quick to apologize and walk me through the warranty process. I'm sending them off on my next day off and will update with what they say happened. Definitely makes me a little uneasy about the electronics component in a expensive pair of binos. Here's hoping it wad just a "bad luck" case and things are good from here on. I was definitely very excited for first impressions. I'll update with results if ppl care.
Thanks for the follow up post. I considered this route for about a minute. Your post confirmed my gut opinion. I will keep my rangefinder and binoculars separate.

OP
R

RSC12

FNG
Thought I would just do a quick update. I did in fact send my original pair of Sig Kilo6k back for warranty. The process was quite easy and fast return. They determined there was a problem with the laser and sent me a brand new pair.

This new set has been perfect so far. As others have mentioned the glass is not top tier but definitely better than what I had and the rangefinder is amazing. I think the furthest I've hit was 4622yrds on a barn but anything under 2500yrds is no issues at all. Plus the ballistics app works great out to 800yrds which is awesome for me.

Anyways for me I'm quite excited. I'm hopeful that I just had some bad luck with the original pair and that these ones last. I'm definitely happy with the one device option and not having to switch between binos and rangefinder.

Hope that helps.
RSC

Tahoe1305

WKR
Just snagged a pair of the 8x32 for a shooting course and to see if I like them enough to hunt with. Fingers crossed.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Pretty impressed with the 8x32. Glass is definitely decent for price range. I’d say close to $1k glass. Good fov. Edges aren’t super crisp but acceptable. Laser is fast and goes a long ways. Used for a shooting course and it was spot on with my dope out to 1k.

I think really good for most hunting scenarios (inside 1k). I’d want swaro glass outside of that. Luckily 90% of my hunting isn’t too far.

Weldor

WKR
I had the 10's, Rangefinder is excellent, but if your going to be using them in dark timber. I would look elsewhere, the green tint is horrible IMHO. If it is gray skys or early morning it is very difficult to make out game. Sold mine after 1 season for that reason.

ZWA

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up a pair last week. Really like the AB setup out to 800yrds with dope. Glass quality was better than I expected but I didn’t have a high expectation going into it. Plan is to spend some time comparing them on a tripod to my 10x42 El’s then decide if I keep the RF binos or sell them and run the separate kilo5 with the EL’s.

Only real gripe so far is the focus nob stiffness and size. Not digging the large separated grooves.

I will say I wear glasses and the relief was just shy of being perfect.