Sig Kilo 10K Archery Mode

sanddanw

FNG
Anyone use their SIg Kilo 10K for archery and how does the archery mode work? I have a Sig Kilo 5k monocular but it is limited on long range shooting solutions past 800 yards as I primarily shoot long range but I also hunt archery so I am very interested in upgrading to the 10k.

josef

FNG
Archery mode works the same between the two. You give it your arrow speed and it gives you the yardage cuts. With firearms it has AB elite so you set up your profile with some more info then on the 5K and off you go. The display on the 10K is pretty unreal if you havent seen it before.

Archery mode works the same between the two. You give it your arrow speed and it gives you the yardage cuts. With firearms it has AB elite so you set up your profile with some more info then on the 5K and off you go. The display on the 10K is pretty unreal if you havent seen it before.

Have you been able to compare the Sig 10K glass to the glass on a similar Leica ? I'm semi alotting myself up to $2500 for a great set of Bino's

OP
S

sanddanw

FNG
Have you been able to compare the Sig 10K glass to the glass on a similar Leica ? I'm semi alotting myself up to $2500 for a great set of Bino's
I have the exact question and all of my research is that the Sig has less clarity than the Leica slightly at low lights however the range finder on the Sig 10K is 3x better in distance and 10x better in results and data on the screen at over $1000 less on used binocs. That is why I want the 10K especially when hunting big mtns I can range ridges 2-3 miles away where we find elk and drop a pin and strategize how to get there where the Leica will not even range that far.

OP
S

sanddanw

FNG
I understand it calculates your drop accurately in Archery mode, however how well does it work to range with binocs and a bow in hand vs a monocular?

josef

FNG
Yah the Leica has better glass for sure. The Sig is a way better rangefinder however. If youre looking for the best binos get the Leica or Swaros. If youre looking for the best LRF then get the Sig.

josef

FNG
I understand it calculates your drop accurately in Archery mode, however how well does it work to range with binocs and a bow in hand vs a monocular?

The same as any other binos. I definitely prefer a monocular for an archery hunting LRF. There are very few binos I can use single handed. Ironicly the ones that I can are the ZULU6 image stabilized units.

Read1t48

WKR
I am wondering the same thing. I have the 5k but didn't know you could input bow specs for more accurate output if that’s what the prior post implies.

I’ve always used AMR in Best mode.

Yah the Leica has better glass for sure. The Sig is a way better rangefinder however. If youre looking for the best binos get the Leica or Swaros. If youre looking for the best LRF then get the Sig.
is the glass vortex quality or halfway between vortex and leica?

I am wondering the same thing. I have the 5k but didn't know you could input bow specs for more accurate output if that’s what the prior post implies.

I’ve always used AMR in Best mode.
It technically says “Crossbow” but I’m not sure there is a substantial difference between an “archery” setting and a crossbow setting if the arrow weight and speed are identical.

Edit: this is for the Kilo3000BDX rangefinder binos

A77BB9F5-001F-482A-91F3-6CE64B1E42E8.png

I just got a Sig Kilo 1600 BDX about a month and a half ago. Absolutely love it. I was originally looking at the 1400 BDX as I don't necessarily need the extra range, but when I found out the 1600 had the light up led display vs the black LCD display I knew that was a must for hunting because the animals are mostly active in low light conditions it seems (just at sunrise and right at sunset) as well as being in shadows.

Anyone use their SIg Kilo 10K for archery and how does the archery mode work? I have a Sig Kilo 5k monocular but it is limited on long range shooting solutions past 800 yards as I primarily shoot long range but I also hunt archery so I am very interested in upgrading to the 10k.
You can only range to 800 yards on your 5k?

josef

FNG
It technically says “Crossbow” but I’m not sure there is a substantial difference between an “archery” setting and a crossbow setting if the arrow weight and speed are identical.

Edit: this is for the Kilo3000BDX rangefinder binos

View attachment 488582
This is the ballistic profile for crossbows. They use this to spit out a hold over subtension that would be dialed or displayed in one of their sights. This will be close to zero help on any sort of vertical bow. Vertical bows already compensate for arrow trajectory with their sights typically so the shoot to yardage is what most companies are adjusting to compensate for high angles.