Short Story of Success

Mtn_Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
I ALMOST didn't go this morning...

When my alarm went off I heard nothing but pouring rain so I decided to get a little bit more sleep instead of gettinh drenched. I woke up about 45 minutes later and noticed that it had slacked and something was tugging at me telling me to get in the woods. I got dressed and headed To the spot where I had always seen sign in recent years. I got out of the Jeep and it already stopped raining but it was still extremely foggy. I got to a spot where I had hunted in recent years and I'd seen deer but when I got there there was zero sign whatsoever. But instead of going back to the truck I decided to push further in. I came to a spot that overlooked a very steep side with a flat at the bottom. I carefully slid down the bank to a tree that I could get positioned against. After being there for a while glassing the bottom with my binoculars, I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. The fog made it difficult to see but I could tell that it was a racked deer and a good one at that. I felt like I watched him behind the brush and trees for an hour when he finally made his way into a small opening offering my a shot. I propped my lever action against the tree and took the shot. When the smoke cleared the buck was laying exactly where he had previously stood. I can't even begin to explain the excitement that came over me immediately. Appalachian Mountain deer are hard to hunt especially the mature ones but I had done it successfully. With a couple phone calls to my dad and a good friend we were able to make quick work Of him and got him quartered up and into packs to carry back to the truck. To think I almost slept in...
20221127_091356-01.jpeg20221127_091346-01.jpeg20221127_110622.jpg20221127_091653-01.jpeg20221127_093704.jpg

godwinmt

FNG
Congrats! Gorgeous buck! Really funny how it works out on occasion, and how quick it all goes down once the stars align!