Shooting rest for tripod (not clamp style)?

repins05

WKR
What options are out there for a arca compatible shooting rest that is not a clamp style rest or shooting bag? Looking at tricer and outdoorsman. Any feedback? not sure I like the Felt backing on the outdoorsman. Thx.

Last edited:

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We make this one. Let me know if you have questions. It gives support to the forend and easy adjustability.

There are some threads around that discuss it. I can find them if you are interested.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I like that. Looks like it would be perfect for glassing too.
Yes, the strap keeps binos on it for long session. Depending on the hunt, I bring it to glass and shoot. I changed up my glassing kit so I can leave my spotter and take this.

For NRL Hunter this is a great glassing/shooting solution, leave it on the tripod to use to range off of and then to build a position to shoot. I can use it for field shots to 500 with high levels of confidence.

I’d say the majority of hunters could use this more efficiently instead of learning how to shoot locking the rifle directly to the tripod. Locking in with a rail or the clamp style requires some training/learning.