Shipping meat

On a fairly long mission so keeping meat for 40-50 days wouldn’t be feasible, what’s expected cost of shipping meat from western states to Midwest?

Thanks.

Scorpion

WKR
If you’re looking to go overnight through FedEx or UPS you should be able to plug the info into a calculator on their website.

I’m going to be looking into a shipping service. The guys that delivered my mule deer mount are based out of western Colorado and ship meat in the fall all over. Haven’t got a formal quote from them yet but it sure piques my curiosity.

Another option is to pay a processor to leave it in their freezer (or find another cold storage place). They usually charge a fee per day/week, but sometimes it's still cheaper to leave it there and pick it up way later vs. pay for shipping (especially if you shoot your animal mid season).

For example, I had a processor in CO hold mine for 3 weeks for free.

ndbuck09

WKR
become a known shipper with delta or alaska. ships from airport to airport in 1 day. and alot of airports have at least coolers they'll keep refrigerated stuff in. It has worked well for my brother when he comes to idaho and hunts and ships meat back to nashville.

Scorpion

WKR
become a known shipper with delta or alaska. ships from airport to airport in 1 day. and alot of airports have at least coolers they'll keep refrigerated stuff in. It has worked well for my brother when he comes to idaho and hunts and ships meat back to nashville.

This seems like a pretty good option.

Does he ship in a standard cooler or do they require special containers?

Wow! That would be a flat $70 for a goat from WY to Charleston for me. But...I think I can keep the weight down and ship in small cooler in checked baggage. Still a good option to have for lots of meat when you can't store it locally.

• Banned
OP
N

Interesting. Could you do me a solid and pm me an email or link or phone number.

Two of my sisters kids have crazy allergies and most store bought meat is not edible for them.

Interesting. Could you do me a solid and pm me an email or link or phone number.

Two of my sisters kids have crazy allergies and most store bought meat is not edible for them.

Just Google "airlines known shipper" and it will take you to each airline's link for this. Each airline has online applications for this. I believe you have to register with each airline but welcome any corrections. You will also find lots of shipper's pages that are filled with gloom and doom statements about how impossible it is to do this. F-them. Anyone who can post on this forum knows enough to register as a known shipper.

To "learn" directly about the program from TSA, go here for their absolutely shitty paragraph that tells you nothing:

TSA Known Shipper Program Link