Sheep Hunt Recommendations

Just got done with a Montana elk hunt and used Crispi Nevadas non-insulated.

It was pretty steep terrain, and did a good bit of sidehilling, ended up with some heel slip, and some blisters.

Got some insoles to try to help that heel slip and I think it will help.

My feet are pretty narrow feet, with normal arch I’d say, and I think the extra room taken up by the new insoles will help with the Nevadas.

I’ve got a sheep hunt in the Yukon next year, and I think I want to look into a more narrow boot, and probably more stiff boot also.

Any recommendations? I’ve got only the one pair of Crispi’s, but I won’t say I’m tied to that brand.

Thanks

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
Boot fit is pretty personal but I really like the fit of Meindel. The himalaya is really nice and a lot of the guides wore the glockners. I prefer a boot that isnt super high but fairly stiff for sheep and goat. I have worn kennetrek and schnees as well but keep going back the the Meindel. Obviously breakin is key but for me if they dont at least feel pretty good right out of the box no matter how much you break them in it is never perfect. I am not a fan of double socks. No matter how good my callouses are I always pretape my heels with leukotape-k. Usually last for 5 days. The leukotape-p works too but leaves a residue on your socks more. The bandaid heel blister pads are life savers if you do get a blister. I usually bring a whole box just in case.

OP
C
Has anyone ever tried on both the Colorado 2 and the Briksdal?

I wonder which one is more narrow?

keller

WKR
A lot of guys use.Plastic boots. Hanwag . I would consider them if I was going on another sheep hunt.

jofes

WKR
The briksdal regular worked well for mine, plenty stiff, I have wide feet and mine were a hair too narrow.

Extrapale

WKR
Kenetrek had narrow sizes in several models depending on your size.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just got done with a Montana elk hunt and used Crispi Nevadas non-insulated.

It was pretty steep terrain, and did a good bit of sidehilling, ended up with some heel slip, and some blisters.

Got some insoles to try to help that heel slip and I think it will help.

My feet are pretty narrow feet, with normal arch I’d say, and I think the extra room taken up by the new insoles will help with the Nevadas.

I’ve got a sheep hunt in the Yukon next year, and I think I want to look into a more narrow boot, and probably more stiff boot also.

Any recommendations? I’ve got only the one pair of Crispi’s, but I won’t say I’m tied to that brand.

Thanks

Our granite boots were purpose built for sheep hunting up north and are the go-to boot for some of the best guides in the business. If I ever get a chance to go sheep hunting, there will be a pair on my feet. - matt

NilsBackstrom

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone ever tried on both the Colorado 2 and the Briksdal?

I wonder which one is more narrow?
I used to have a pair of lowa tibets, they were just fine. A bit heavy tho but finally they worned out.

I first bought the regular briksdals and tried around the house and thought they were a bit to soft for me. Sent them back and ordered the briksdal SF. Haven't had any issues at all, fairly lightweight and hS type of rocket which makes walking on flatter ground alot nicer. Been using them for 2 years now on sheep hunts and sitka blacktail hunts.

Jgarrett

FNG
Excellent experiences with the following 2:

Dall - South Nahanni
Stone- Stone and Folding Mountain

Can't say enough good things about either one