Sheep Camo

What's your favorite Sheep camo ?

I do know CO has orange laws, but not sure if it applies to sheep.

I hunted Aoudad, and the guide made me remove my orange vest, & my solid-colored outerwear. Full camo only.

cbeard64

WKR
My favorite sheep camo is any drab color - mostly solid gray, brown, or dark green. I do have a couple of camo layering pieces but only because they were only available in camo.

Outwest

WKR
Dull fabric that doesn't shine is way more important, whether camo or not. I usually wear some kind of camo because it MAY make a 0.1% difference in hiding and I think it looks better in photos :ROFLMAO:. However, your aoudad guide is way out of their element. Plenty of sheep have been killed totally unaware by guys in blue jeans. Camo or solids is extremely unlikely to make or break a hunt. Wear clothing that you will be comfortable hiking in for days at a time and wear the camo YOU think looks the best.

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
I hunted Aoudad, and the guide made me remove my orange vest, & my solid-colored outerwear. Full camo only.
I would have asked for a discount since there way a dress code.
Best sheep Camo is grey with a wind checker

Bambistew

WKR
I've been in on almost 2 dozen sheep kills, I wore a camo pull over one time, and usually have my "lucky" $7.99 Walmart camo fleece ball cap on. All other times were solid colors of gray, browns, greens, blacks. I'm not a bow hunter, and I know that camo helps at close range, but its not a deal breaker. I don't see any advantage on a sheep hunt with a rifle. There is nothing more cringe worthy than seeing 5-10 dudes in matching camo behind dead animal. Its like they are all part of some weird cult or military.

Snyd

WKR
... There is nothing more cringe worthy than seeing 5-10 dudes in matching camo behind dead animal. Its like they are all part of some weird cult or military.
The Cabellas Army I think they call them in Kotz

$5 grey wind resistant shirt from Value Village for me. Been on many a ram kills. But, I like you I do have a camo hat! It even says "Remington Country" on it. 5 bucks at the Salvation Army thrift store years ago. I'm sporting them both in my avatar pic. The hat made me look like a camouflaged rock at 71 yds when I shot that ram with my pistol.

I’ve guided a half dozen desert sheep in the last couple years and I always wear solid color pants and tops. Normally brown, gray, or black. I’ve never had any issues.

It appears to me that a lot of camo patterns, make a person more visible, than a person wearing earth tones.

Look at a lot of the camo patterns….. they’re made up of really light and dark colors, in order to create contrast in the pattern/camouflage. These colors are generally too light and too dark, for the landscape. The person ends up looking like a Zebra.

Conversely, if a camo pattern doesn’t have distinctly light and dark colors, and has more muted colors that are close in shade and hue, then the camo is going to blur into a blob that looks like a solid anyway at relatively close ranges.
IMG_4852.jpeg
Here’s a picture taken while sheep hunting.

Last edited: