Sharpening lawn mower blades

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
Hit it with a hand grinder on beveled side first, then bottom side to take of what I can see as jagged.
Lastly if it feels like it still has small burr I'l take a hand file and finish it.
Works for me.

I do the same when sharpening an axe, hatchet, or bush axe.

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
I went with the Amazon recommended "Iker" brand jig and arm combo. Tried it immediatley upon receipt, and its novelty is both humbling and incredible. 100% repeatable bevel and edge every time. This is a gamechanger for me for a very small investment. The unit is sturdy with all metal components with the exception of the angle setting knob. I bought a 4.5" 120 grit and an 80 grit flap wheel for sharpening new and older blades that need a more aggressive grind. This thing works great and I'm very satisfied.

Crusader

WKR
I went with the Amazon recommended "Iker" brand jig and arm combo. Tried it immediatley upon receipt, and its novelty is both humbling and incredible. 100% repeatable bevel and edge every time. This is a gamechanger for me for a very small investment. The unit is sturdy with all metal components with the exception of the angle setting knob. I bought a 4.5" 120 grit and an 80 grit flap wheel for sharpening new and older blades that need a more aggressive grind. This thing works great and I'm very satisfied.
I may have missed it somewhere in the thread above but I didn't see a link to that. Would you mind posting it?

Thanks