Shape charge question

So I'm about ready to buy a Kifaru shape charge. I have a 36 inch waist so I'm gonna go with the medium omni belt. My question is, why do they ask for height, weigh,t waist, and inseam for the pack? Also what stays would you guys recommend for an eastern whitetail hunter? I would think the standard composite stays would be good enough right? Thanks for the replies.
Doug

Same waist and I have a medium omni belt. I use it for later season whitetail and have the standard comp stays. Why they ask for measurements on the shape charge, Im not sure. For frames, I get it. The even ask for height/weight/etc on the edc echo pack.

Bonus info: Best pockets Ive found to fit on the front is the Hill People Gear Medium GPP.

Attachments

• 0DFFCD55-9EFD-4EF4-A79E-2AB93655AF04.jpeg
    0DFFCD55-9EFD-4EF4-A79E-2AB93655AF04.jpeg
    403.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 87E3F9CE-1A4B-486B-B654-241299D1411B.jpeg
    87E3F9CE-1A4B-486B-B654-241299D1411B.jpeg
    391.7 KB · Views: 127
OP
T
That’s a sweet looking setup. I’m just waiting until they get them back in stock with the ranger green and I’m gonna order one.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
We ask for those measurements so we can adjust the shoulder straps for your torso depth/height. They are standard measurements that most know, much easier than asking someone to measure the distance from their C7 vertebrae and their Iliac Crest of the pelvis. It's more important on the frames but we try and assemble the packs as close as possible so you don't have to adjust anything. The height/inseam measurements give us an idea of your torso height and we can let the straps out long enough on internal frame packs so the waist belt rides on the hips.

OP
T
We ask for those measurements so we can adjust the shoulder straps for your torso depth/height. They are standard measurements that most know, much easier than asking someone to measure the distance from their C7 vertebrae and their Iliac Crest of the pelvis. It's more important on the frames but we try and assemble the packs as close as possible so you don't have to adjust anything. The height/inseam measurements give us an idea of your torso height and we can let the straps out long enough on internal frame packs so the waist belt rides on the hips.

That’s a great response. Thank you

Random_Username

FNG
Classified Approved
Never knew this. Made sense for frames, but didn’t know about the internal framed packs. Makes sense why I didn’t have to tweak my shape charge too much out of the box.

Llama32

WKR
Same waist and I have a medium omni belt. I use it for later season whitetail and have the standard comp stays. Why they ask for measurements on the shape charge, Im not sure. For frames, I get it. The even ask for height/weight/etc on the edc echo pack.

Bonus info: Best pockets Ive found to fit on the front is the Hill People Gear Medium GPP.
Very nice setup thank you for sharing

Llama32

WKR
So I'm about ready to buy a Kifaru shape charge. I have a 36 inch waist so I'm gonna go with the medium omni belt. My question is, why do they ask for height, weigh,t waist, and inseam for the pack? Also what stays would you guys recommend for an eastern whitetail hunter? I would think the standard composite stays would be good enough right? Thanks for the replies.
Doug
Have you received your shape charge?
How did you setup turned out

sivart

WKR
Be aware it weighs about a pound more than they say it does. My exo frame with 1800 bag is lighter

Llama32

WKR
Be aware it weighs about a pound more than they say it does. My exo frame with 1800 bag is lighter
Mine just came in the mail today and I waited and it's exactly what the online weight is and if you take the backing or the stays out of it it drops it down to 3.2 Oz

Llama32

WKR

Just wondering are you running the frame sheet in yours

Just wondering are you running the frame sheet in yours

Yes, I tried it without it and it was just too sloppy. I’ve been thinking about making one out of 080 kydex as a lighter weight option that still gives it some structure. $20 bucks on Amazon for a 12x24 sheet, use your current frame as a template.

Qball89

FNG

I like the way those hill people gear pockets fit on the shape charge. I’m going to look into them for mine. Thanks for sharing that

Yes, I tried it without it and it was just too sloppy. I’ve been thinking about making one out of 080 kydex as a lighter weight option that still gives it some structure. $20 bucks on Amazon for a 12x24 sheet, use your current frame as a template.

Just to follow up on this, I ordered a 12x24” sheet of .080 kydex. Cut it to match the SC frame sheet. And I’d say it’s a no go. It only weighs about 2 ounces less and doesn’t feel like it’s quite rigid enough to be a real option for only 2 ounce savings. I expected it to be a bigger weight difference. Original frame sheet is about 12.4oz, the .080 kydex is 10.2.

Next step up in kydex thickness is .093, and will likely weigh more than the frame sheet and won’t be close to as rigid.

Only way I can see this working for anyone is if you just don’t like how rigid the stock frame sheet is and want something that bends but still provides some structure. Weight is a wash for the most part.