SG Terminus Weapon Sling

Has anyone installed the SG weapon sling on a Terminus? I've got no idea what on earth they were thinking with this thing. It's pretty different from their other framed pack slings and there are no instructions anywhere. I'd be grateful if someone could enlighten me on where I've gone wrong.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

akbrett

FNG
i emailed stoneglacier and they sent me a video showing the installation.

it doesn’t seem to function as well as the sling on the normal frame packs. since it utilizes one of the side cinch straps. it came loose on me a few times, now run a half hitch around the quick release, light grey strap to stop it from coming loose. no longer a quick release sling as i have to remove pack to get firearm..

OP
PathFinder
i emailed stoneglacier and they sent me a video showing the installation.

it doesn’t seem to function as well as the sling on the normal frame packs. since it utilizes one of the side cinch straps. it came loose on me a few times, now run a half hitch around the quick release, light grey strap to stop it from coming loose. no longer a quick release sling as i have to remove pack to get firearm..
This is what I was afraid of. I may try to change some parts and come up with my own system. If anything works out I'll update this thread with the solution.

schmalzy

WKR
Has anyone installed the SG weapon sling on a Terminus? I've got no idea what on earth they were thinking with this thing. It's pretty different from their other framed pack slings and there are no instructions anywhere. I'd be grateful if someone could enlighten me on where I've gone wrong.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Email them and they have a video that’s pretty easy to follow. Agreed with others, no quite as good as the framed version but still serviceable imho.

If you can’t find the video shoot me a pm and I can try and figure out how to send it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
PathFinder
I ended up coming up with a different way to do it. In a nutshell it uses an extra tri slide to anchor to the grab handle instead of attaching to a side compression strap. It's more like the detachable frame packs in that regard. After next week I'll know more about how well it functions in the field. My worry right now is that it will get snagged in brush and pulled free a lot. If this doesn't work out I'll put a Kifaru type shoulder strap on instead.