SG Frame Question

Usi05

WKR
I’ve read about every SG frame and fitting post I can find on Rokslide regarding SG.

Got my x-curve today and no matter how I adjust I cannot get the gap on back of shoulder straps to close.

I’ve adjusted lumbar pad, I’ve played with the color change on shoulder straps on collarbone, above it, below it. I’ve tried it with no weight, 20lbs, 30lbs and 40lbs.

No matter what adjustments I made I can’t get it. I’m 5’7 or 5’8 and torso measures 19 inches

Wondering if I should have went with Krux Evo and thinking maybe the curved stays just aren’t right for me.

Anyone else have any insight?

ac470b653759b08ea089751464176418.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwpenn

Lil-Rokslider
I think you need to adjust your shoulder straps out longer. Your bag is sitting awfully high and load lifters look too steep. I'm no expert though so call them.

I've talked to stone glacier guys and kifaru guys over the phone and they give good information and ideas.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

MT_Wyatt

WKR
So…..I’d call the shop and send them some photos. Or email Kurt, he’ll get you dialed for sure. I do agree things look high there and shoulder strap length will soak up that gap on the harness.

I’m 5’8” and 18” torso, used x-curve since it’s release and it worked more than great, so I don’t think the frame is the wrong one for you or anything.

Is it uncomfortable? I have my straps a little different than what they recommend and a gap in a similar location. Up to 60 lbs and dozens of days I've had zero pain or issues.

Marble

WKR
It looks pretty good to me. The one thing that needs to be checked is where the load lifters are attaching to the shoulder strap. Should be very close to the clavicle.

I like for there to be a slight gap on my upper back near my shoulder blades. Straps go kver my shoulders and down my chest. Chest strap just tight enough to keep it out of my arm pit.

That gap let's there be just a very slight bounce on flat ground walking at a good clip. But up and down hill it let's my torso extend to where it needs to be.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I have had the same issues with the X Curve. I am going to call them next week. I was thinking the same as regards the Evo frame . Thing is , if you raise up the shoulder straps the colour match up will be lower than the collar bone where they say to set it.

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
Put 40lbs in it today again and played with straps being higher and lower and no matter what I can’t get that shoulder gap to close.

I’ll have to just wait and call SG Monday

md126

WKR
In my opinion the straps are too tight, not too high on the frame. Let out some slack from the front of the strap. You also might have the frame set too high on your hips/lumbar.

Either way, the straps should not be carrying a lot of weight and will often have gaps. The weight is carried by the hips/legs

OP
Usi05

Usi05

WKR
I’m pretty close now after making a change to stays. Few more tweaks tomorrow and I think I’ll have it

Working with Stone Glacier has been awesome. These guys are responding quickly and doing everything they can to help me get it right.

Fantastic customer service

BrentH

WKR
I’m pretty close now after making a change to stays. Few more tweaks tomorrow and I think I’ll have it

Working with Stone Glacier has been awesome. These guys are responding quickly and doing everything they can to help me get it right.

Fantastic customer service

What did they suggest? I am also in the 5’7” range, and have been contemplating trying a SG pack, but them only having a 26” frame is holding me back.